[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I buy aluminum or stainless steel ear picks and why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Should I buy aluminum or stainless steel ear picks and why?
>>
No comment
>>
Just buy q-tips you weirdo
>>
>>18013174
You want to scrap the flakes out, I honestly don't know how a round cotton q-tip would help with that in fact it would probably push it in further.

>>18013165
My old ear pick got rusted and I don't want to use it anymore. Since I'm conscious of any health hazards, I want to know if there's a difference between stainless steel and aluminum.
>>
>>18013181
what are you retarded? just scrub the rust off it and keep it oiled next time.
>>
>>18013021
stainless steel is surgical quality get that

don't listen to the rust scraping retard unless you want tiny flakes of rust on your eardrum
>>
>>18013201
unless he's had the thing submerged in a ditch for 10 years, it's just a little bit of surface rust. Which you can easily scour off with a wire brush and soap under the tap. I'm going to have to counter your insult with another one: clueless consumerist
>>
>>18013201
I'll settle for stainless steel then, thanks. It's weird that the aluminum version costs more, made me think it was better.
>>
NO
NO NO NO NO NO

Doctors don't even recommend using q-tips in your ears. But a hard long object like that? Don't do it.

The wax is your ears is a necessity. If you constantly remove it it'll overproduce wax and build up. The overproduction is why you think you need to clean your ears. Stop cleaning your ears and in a few weeks the wax production will decrease significantly and you won't have to clean them out anymore. Once a week, tops, for using q-tips.

If you REALLY want to clean your ears use hydrogen peroxide. Lay on your side and drop a few drops into it using an ear dropper. Let it sit for up to 5 minutes (a few seconds is fine if you do it regularly) then sit up and wipe off the liquid that spills out of your ear with a towel. This is the best method and it's what they'll do if you visit a doctor. If you have an ear infection you should see a doctor because this could irritate an infection or you may need other treatment.

DON'T USE THAT INSTRUMENT

That being said, stainless steel for all medical instruments. You want a 300 series stainless, 316 (aka surgical stainless) or 304 would be the best due to high biocompatibility. Aluminum is toxic to humans and should be kept out of all orifices if possible. The only aluminum you should use is anodized. Don't know what anodized means? Then stick with a 316 or 304 series stainless steel. If it doesn't list the type of stainless steel then it's probably shit and not worth your money. Titanium is fine too but far too expensive to justify home use.

If there's rust toss it out because the metal is shit and possibly dangerous. Throw it away, don't listen to these idiots. Rust means it's not 316 or 304 stainless, anodized aluminum, or titanium. Those materials don't rust (with proper care) and they're the only materials you want inside your body or any orifice.

Ear advice source: Conversations with my audiologist
Materials advice: Me, a medical device designer
>>
>>18013228
Thanks, although I still don't believe you about do not clean your ear wax
>>
>>18013228
>only materials you want inside your body or any orifice.

says you
>>
>>18013249
I forgot to provide sources. Here you are

>Under ideal circumstances, the ear canals should never have to be cleaned.
>To clean the ears, wash the external ear with a cloth, but do not insert anything into the ear canal.
Recommended method?
>To clean the ears, wash the external ear with a cloth, but do not insert anything into the ear canal.
>Most cases of ear wax blockage respond to home treatments used to soften wax. Patients can try placing a few drops of mineral oil, baby oil, glycerin, or commercial drops in the ear. Detergent drops such as hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide (available in most pharmacies) may also aid in the removal of wax.
http://www.entnet.org/content/earwax-and-care

>"There's no need to clean your ears with a cotton bud," writes Dr. Rob Hicks. "The ear has its own internal cleaning mechanism. Fats and oils in the ear canal trap any particles and transport them out of the ear as wax. This falls out of the ear without us noticing."
http://www.realclearscience.com/blog/2013/01/why-you-should-almost-never-clean-your-ears.html

>In most cases, the ear canal does not need to be cleaned. During hair washing or showers, enough water enters into the ear canal to loosen the wax that has accumulated. Additionally, the skin in your ear canal naturally grows in an outward, spiral pattern. As it sloughs off, ear wax goes with it. Most of the time the wax will loosen and fall out on its own while you are asleep. The need for a cotton swab isn’t really necessary.
http://www.healthyhearing.com/report/47773-Swab-hearing-loss
>>
>>18013282
Dicks are always the exception to the rule.

I was only referring to metals. Silicone and certain plastics are okay too. Be smart and do your research.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.