[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No friends

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_6102.jpg (103KB, 750x747px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6102.jpg
103KB, 750x747px
Hello, I just moved to a new uni about a month ago and I still have absolutely nobody to really talk to. I went last semester at a cc without speaking to anybody also. I think this might be starting to get to me. As of now all I've been doing is going to classes and then back to my dorm and repeating. There are no clubs I'm interested in joining, and overall I feel like there are no real opportunities for me to find people that I would enjoy being with. Any advice?
>>
So have you actually made any attempt to talk to anyone or make friends? I'm guessing by the fact that you didn't have friends at your community college either that you haven't
>>
>>18012839
I don't even know how to do that. In class there is no time to talk to anybody because of the lecture, and out of class I can't just walk up to random people saying "Hello my name is Anon! nice to meet you!" Without seeming off.
>>
You've already put yourself on hardmode by transferring in.
Join clubs even if you're not that interested. Give it a chance, might change your mind. Go to every dumb campus event you catch wind of. Even if it's some boring ass seminar type thing, you can catch people on the way out and ask them their thoughts on it and shit.
Also>>18012847
>I can't just walk up to random people saying "Hello my name is Anon! nice to meet you!" Without seeming off.
Yeah, it's difficult but you can. Use the class as an ice breaker. Catch someone and ask if they understood it or something. Most will probably blow you off, but eventually people will start to remember you. They'll then ask you when they need something, and you progress from there.
Honestly, I meet most of my classmates by showing up to class early, before the doors open, just congregating outside the lecture hall. Chat up people while waiting for the doors to open.
>>
>>18012859
In the end though, you're not a social butterfly, we can tell this much.
The ONLY way you're gonna get out of the hole is to break past your comfort zone. You're gonna have to be awkward sometimes, you're gonna have to feel like you're dropping spaghetti sometimes, but if you power through it enough, you will make a single friend at some point. And then it'll get easier from there, because you can expand your circle using them.

ALSO, if you can afford it, see if your school offers any "study abroad" trips. My school does like, actual semesters abroad but also these little 2 week trips over breaks for credit that's not too bad. I went to Munich over winter break for only 2k.
By nature these courses will be small, there won't be a ton of people going. You'll be forced to spend time together in small group settings, which helps a lot. I made a couple friends easy on that trip, because we had to rely on one another and there wasn't much choice in who to talk to (since half of us didn't know a word of German lol).
>>
>>18012859
>>18012871
Thanks for the help anon.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.