[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TIPS ON FINDING WORK IN JAPAN?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

21 year old weeb with a Psychology degree, basically no work experience (currently "helping" in my family's small restaurant business). I don't know how to go from here, /adv/. I'm thinking of getting a job in Japan, maybe I can apply as an English teacher there first, then find an office job later or something. I'm currently learning Japanese for about half a year now so I'm not at a level where I can converse in the language. I'm tired of being a NEET and being a shame to my parents. So, tips on where to start? Links on job application, general tips, anything would be useful.
>>
>>18011946
How much do you weigh?
>>
I got a masters in Japan then got a job here. Maybe you should do that.
>>
>>18011951
110 pounds skelly.
>>
Currently in Japan, its been 3 months. Theres not much except teaching jobs. Also interested on advices.
>>
Why Japan? Living and working there is nothing like you see in anime. And getting a job there is difficult for a foreigner. Just focus on getting a job back home. Once you have a career going, you can rethink it.
>>
If you want a job in Japan, your only option is to be an English teacher or an assistant language teacher, most likely.

You'll need a bachelor's degree from an accredited university to get a visa for that.

Knowledge of Japanese is generally not required for these positions, although it will be useful to have it for daily life in Japan.

Your best choice for doing this would be the JET program, but requirements are high and you've already missed your chance for 2017. The deadline for applications was back in November.

There are, of course, many other methods to get either position. They're easier to get into, but won't pay as well. Take a moment to look at https://jobs.gaijinpot.com/ to see a bunch of them. You will want to click the button to show just ones that accept overseas applications.

Keep in mind, this is a huge move that is not to be taken lightly. You should do your due diligence and investigate what it's like to work in either of these positions, and what your best options for doing so is.
>>
Maybe you can try WWOOFing

https://www.wwoofjapan.com/main/index.php?lang=en
>>
>>18012078
I don't really know. Doesn't really matter for me wherever as long as I'm far away from my family and stop being such a shame to them for being a leeching NEET. Anyways, you're probably right. It might be best to start finding jobs locally. Accustom myself on what a real job would be like before going overseas and regretting it.

>>18012133
>>18012403
Thanks for these!
>>
Honestly, don't move there unless you have aquired at least JLPT N1 and you have a desired skill or diploma. I wouldn't. But by all means, visit whenever you want to and do what you want, you only live once. Just don't do anything stupid and end up deported because your work visa ended from you having Japanese workplace culture shock and a lack of communication skills.
>>
>>18012403
Not sure why this is getting suggested, that's not a job you can have.

You work for farmers who give you food and a place to stay for no cost but WWOOF membership, and you use your free time to go sightseeing in the local area until you move on to another place.
>>
>>18012078
>tfw I'd actually like to live and work in real Japan
>>
>>18012403
>>18013427
Sounds fucking comfy.
>>
>>18013427
Exactly. OP just wants to get away from his family, get some work experience, and see Japan. WWOOFing might be the answer if he doesn't mind more hands-on labor.
>>
>>18013548
I can't expect it to actually be useful as work experience if he were to put it on his resume, but if he just wants to see Japan on the cheap, go for it.
>>
>>18013631
It's better than nothing
>>
>>18013640
I'd suggest trying to get more proper, paying, work experience via teaching English before relying on that.
>>
>>18011946
if you're black, there's a place for you in JAV

I remember this nog who went to teach english to middle schoolers, eventually married a jap and had a daughter

he lost his job for some reason. recently he's been seen on the cover of JAV, acting as a middle school teacher and banging girls dressed up in middle school uniforms. funny how life works
>>
>>18013631
>I can't expect it to actually be useful as work experience
I think the play here is to seduce a girl and marry her to gain citizenship.
>>
>>18014014
Sounds pretty fucking sweet
>>
>>18011946
Get out and donate your time. Look for women's centers, social services, etc... Many of those places hire after only a few months of experience on the job given you already have a degree.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.