[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Female Roomate???

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 1485811637918.png (103KB, 400x558px) Image search: [Google]
1485811637918.png
103KB, 400x558px
Anyone have any experience or insight into having a female roommate and basically anything and everything that goes into that?
My situation
>male
>25
>Navy vet
Just finished doing some traveling and relaxing basically and im ready to start College this fall.
Thinking of getting a roommate to maximize money saving from my housing allowance.
Thinking itd be better to live with a woman than a man. Possibly cleaner? Possibly quieter? More easy going?

Also what are some good sites to find someone looking for a roomate cause i would love to find a woman whose already set up and needs someone to move in basically. Mostly cause if she already is set up with furniture and stuff itd be a little easier on my end then having to go and buy a bunch of shit right away.
Any ideas and insight are appreciated
>>
>>18011609
Women are not necessarily cleaner than men. It's a person by person basis.
>>
>>18011615
Ya that makes sense. Any other insights?
>>
>>18011620
The only woman I've lived with is my fiance, who I clean up after constantly. I've lived with 4 different guys, and only 2 of them weren't slobs. Having been in the navy, try to seek out another vet who shares your habits for routine and cleanliness (I'm a civilian, I'm just assuming that you're all like that)
>>
>>18011628
Not a bad idea. Whats a good way to find a roomie though? Any idea where people post stuff like this? I always assumed stuff like craigslist was for creepers or something but is that legit?
>>
>>18011634
I've only lived with friends, couldn't tell you.
>>
>>18011609
Were you on an all male ship or something? Females can be more nasty than males.

>toilets being clogged and getting backed up in head by bloody pads and tampons
>discharge on sheets and shit causing berthing to smell because they like to sleep in the nude

Other anon is right, though. Hygiene varies person to person. I did shower watch on a few dudes and during my 4 years I only heard of 1 female having to get forced and watched to take a shower.
>>
>>18011644
Actually my first cruiser was all male and 2nd was integrated. But considering i slept in fwd ops berthing with all the bms and undes trust me ive seen dirty men. Especially cause during my final 7 month deployment 2 of our showers broke and so did 3 of the toilets i shit you not. So 55 of us were sharing 1 shower and 1 toilet for about 2 months straight cause they couldnt get the parts to fix it.
>>
DO NOT live with a woman unless
its a relative
its your wife/gf

you have been warned
>>
>>18011657
Can you explain?
>>
>>18011609
I'm a girl. I own a flat and rent two rooms.
I had: 2 guys, 1 girl and a 1 guy, 2 girls.

The guys are dirtier, the girls are messier.
The guys are less aware of themselves and don't notice the dirt, the girls have more stuff and it will be everywhere.
Guys don't clean the toilet after they shit, girls leave used tampons in the bathroom trash can for days.
Guys don't clean well, girls don't throw the trash.

If you ask and nag, girls are more bitchy but more responsive than guys. Guys will either do it or ignore you.
>>
>>18011634
College senior here. Your college generally has a facebook page for people looking for roommates and a page for people who own apartments and need roommates. Craigslist is good for finding general population people, however it might give you a shit person. Regardless of where you find a roommate, just be sure to interview them before.

If you're a vet, try asking around in the ROTC offices.
>>
>>18011661
Interesting

>>18011666
Gotcha
>>
>>18011660
relatives and gfs or wives have an incentive to be, decent
random stranger woman do not
chances are youll be more annoyed than by a male
dudes have less irritating habits (since you are a dude too)

they arent cleaner, they either expect you to be as clean as them or dont care and leave their filth everywhere
women not being loud? from which planet are you?
easy going? if you want to get laid, a female housemate is really the worst idea
>>
>>18011651
I was a BM. Makes me wonder how dirty I was underway...

Anyways, just find a responsible roommate. My roommate right now is an old gay as fuck fairy. Name a gay stereotype and he'll fit the bill. BUT, he pays rent on time, has a stable career, cooks better than my gf, and helps me out with my math homework because, you know, stupid deckape.
>>
>>18011673
Honestly i wouldnt mind that set up at all.
>BM
When did you get out? Where were you stationed?
I was an OS on the antietam and Cowpens at 32nd street SD. Man i miss SD.

>>18011672
Gotcha
>>
>>18011670
It is also important to find a roommate that shares your schedule. Part of maintaining a clean apartment is being face-to-face with someone and asking them to clean it. I've had a roommate who had the complete opposite schedule as me. I worked during the day and I went to school at night whereas he had day classes. During that year, my apartment was always dirty with my roommate's shit and he never cleaned. He only cleaned it when I yelled at him.

The reason schedule is important is that if you two have different schedules nothing will be clean nor will any progress happen. You won't have time to be with your roommate and clean, so they never feel the pressure to actually clean the place.

As far as choosing a women or a guy: Men tend to be all or nothing: they're either slobs or near perfect in terms of being clean. Women are a spectrum that tends to be cleaner than average, however there are women who are straight nasty.

Women mess =/= Men mess. Women mess is a clutter of objects (a lot of useless junk that hasn't been thrown away, alot of items that should be stored away but aren't, etc. Men's mess is just plain dirty (dirty floors/counter tops, unclean sinks and toilets, etc (you're from the military so you know)).

Note that if you get a woman roommate she *will* leave her woman's products out. Talking to her about putting them away will go one of two ways: she either will put it away and there will be no problem or you will have to remind her every month, leading to a middle finger.

If you get a guy roommate, establish responsibilities. If you don't, doing chores will become a battle of "who wants the room clean more," meaning you will cave to cleaning it before he does.
>>
>>18011689
I was stationed in Yokosuka, Japan. 7th fleet Forward Deployed Naval Forces Was on the GW and Ronald Reagan. Got out in March 17 last year. Funny thing is is that I work out here in SD as a fire watch for Nassco at 32nd St. Start CNA school in April and, yeah, SD is the shit. I'm from Hawaii and shit is too expensive there. Did 4 deployments. Never again.
>>
Dude I hope you're not thinking with your dick. The qualities that you seek in a person can't really be exclusive to a person.

>Possibly cleaner?
Like I said it depends. I have 2 sisters. One of them is god awful messy. Even her vehicle is dirty with garbage strewn everywhere. The other sister is usually conscious with her mess but the idiot has several kids so there's always trash here and there.

With women expect you restroom to be a mess. Hair everywhere. Possible clogged shower drains. Makeup and shampoos everywhere. So I hope you don't plan on sharing a restroom.

>Possibly quieter?

Tough one. I can see a male being louder.

>More easy going?

Tough to say.

I'd avoid female roommates if you're trying to get your dick wet, if they're in a relationship, have kids or if they look like attention whores.
>>
>>18011702
Haha i was in the yards at Nassco for a bit. One of the yard birds stabbed another one with a screw driver underneath the ship. Shit was wild.

>>18011697
makes sense

>>18011710
Nah definitely not going to want to fuck them, definitely no kids or anything like that either. I guess i was thinking a little to sterotypically and hoping it would be true. Like assuming shed be a good cook and less noisy and less confrontational but the stuff youre saying makes sense.
>>
File: 1485880612701.jpg (49KB, 640x631px) Image search: [Google]
1485880612701.jpg
49KB, 640x631px
>>
File: 1484415327037.jpg (109KB, 1200x824px) Image search: [Google]
1484415327037.jpg
109KB, 1200x824px
Self bump, any more insight?
>>
they are sometimes cleaner but often bitchy about it, insisting you clean to a ridiculous degree and its your responsibility because they're 'busy'.

quiet depends. a male geeky type is going to be quieter than a girl who likes to have friends over, or guys over.

more easy going? they have periods.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.