[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Severance/Legal Shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1479156863044.jpg (1MB, 1032x1457px) Image search: [Google]
1479156863044.jpg
1MB, 1032x1457px
This is in the US. Got laid off from Company A, no bad feelings and nothing to do with my performance, just funding issues.

They gave me a severance agreement that contains a standard no re-employment clause. An example: "the Employee acknowledges and agrees that the Company and any of its subsidiaries, affiliates or related companies are under no legal or contractual duty to re-employ, rehire or retain him in any capacity and that he will not apply for re-employment with the Company or any of its subsidiaries, affiliates or related companies in any capacity."

Turns out Company A is being acquired by Company B. Company A is tiny while Company B is fucking huge and I very likely may apply at Company B in the future.

Will signing this severance have any chance of screwing me over in the future from seeking employment at Company B since it's a "related company"?
>>
> standard no re-employment clause
is it? for being laid off?
>>
>>18010838
Did some googling and apparently it's a pretty standard provision in severance/settlement agreements.
>>
Nice image.
>>
so they're paying you something for this?
>>
>>18010838
I can't imagine that it is.
>>
>>18010838
This >>18010859
You shouldn't sign it though OP. I'm guessing they're going you a small package, and while it's enticing and probably very helpful at the time, it's a small package and you need to think big picture. I mean if you know what the agreement entails then you shouldn't sign it if there's a small chance it could prevent you from getting a job at Company B.

Company A is either going to be absorbed by Company B or become a subsidiary. Either way all their paperwork and legal is going to transfer. It's not like that document is going to disappear.

You don't happen to work in the gas/oil industry?
>>
>>18010873
>>18010902
Yeah, they're offering 1 month. It's nice but that provision in particular is giving me doubts. The rest of it contains bullshit waiving my rights to sue them for discrimination and other reasons, confidentiality stuff, etc. which doesn't seem relevant to me.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.