[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Eviction kicking out family

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

My grandma let me stay with her for four years to finish up school which I did. I got a job and was getting ready to leave when I had a freak accident, broke my ankle and had surgery 6 weeks ago.

Now my grandma wants me out and I wish I could. I've secured a new job I start on the 15th.

The problem is I can't move my stuff and I don't have a new place yet. She is all the way pissed.

I don't have a lease with her nor am I paying rent. I do have a cat. Any advice? I'll take any whether it's condemning or encouraging.

I'm looking for a room for rent and have a few leads but I'm all the way out of time with grandma and she's threatening to toss my stuff out. I hate this.
>>
>>18009806
even without a lease,in the US at least,you have rights. someone can't just kick you out on the street without formal notice.
>>
Why does your grandma want you out? Sounds like she has a reason
>>
>>18009829
Like 30 day vacate or something? >>18009833
My grandma is a pretty nasty person despite her being nice enough to help me. Someone told her it was a good time to sell her house and she wants the money. She lives in a different house right now. She told me she wanted me out after school and I was on that path until I broke my ankle and lost my job. Even though I got this new job relatively fast it conflicts with her schedule to have the house professionally cleaned and painted. Furthermore my grandma has never worked a day in her life and is a little out of touch with the world. I don't think fox news and oxycodone are helping either
>>
I've been researching and it's not very clear whose side the police would take. Especially if she changed the locks.
>>
Anyone been kicked out before?
>>
Craigslist, U-haul, Public storage, live in car, gym membership, apply for food stamps maybe, do what you gotta do.
>>
reddit.com/r/legaladvice

It doesn't matter if you don't pay rent. Once you've lived there for awhile, you establish residency, and need 30 days notice. If she changes the locks you've been illegally evicted, call the cops.
>>
>>18010997
>>18011003
Thanks guys
>>
man you guys have some fucked up families
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.