[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I train myself to talk slower?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: hqdefault.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>
Literally just talk slower.
Eitber read some texts or chat with a friend, conciously talking slower
>>
record yourself to really get a sense on your talking speed
>>
How do i do the reverse i talk too slow :/
>>
>>18009642
Find people who talk at the speed you want, and expose yourself to them. Even TV or radio helps some, but two way interaction is better.

Here is some of the slowest talking I know of
http://thedianerehmshow.org/shows/2016-12-27/fred-rogers-on-parenting-rebroadcast

Also >>18009716 is not a bad idea.

I would try reading aloud, but cover the next word to force yourself to read it slower as your are trying to form a habit here.

>>18009779
same as above but faster, so speed read aloud and don't cover the words.

If the director cut of Rollerball taught me anything it is sports announcers and auctioneers talk very fast, with hockey announcers being some of the best speed talkers. I think pro auctioneers actully have some kind of trainning for talking the way they do, might look into it for ideas.
>>
You have a gift anon and are perfect the way you are! I hate retarded slow talkers; often I have to watch videos at 2 or 3x speed just so I dont go insane from all the pointless pauses in speech. Specifically white Europeans, Frenchies and Americans are bad for this.
>>
File: PMS - Peter Maximoff Syndrome.jpg (126KB, 598x932px) Image search: [Google]
PMS - Peter Maximoff Syndrome.jpg
126KB, 598x932px
>>18010152
Depneds on what you are trying to do, some things need speed others need to slow down

pic just for you
>>
>>18009642
From my perspective it seems like you want to tackle the problem directly. I think that's a futile task. I think that you have to go around it. You have to build upon your confidence and be able to calm down. Deep breaths can do a lot, and just allow yourself time to talk. You're probably aware of that it can be pleasant to hear someone pause and take their time to talk -- I'm assuming this is why you wish to learn how to talk more like it? It's all about practice. Keep talking to people and if you just try hard enough to talk in your own pace you'll eventually get there.
>>
Breathing exercises
>>
>>18009642
Get headphones and an app that plays back your voice with a small delay (there's a name for this kinda things but I forgot, you can probably google something like app for stuttering or app to learn talk slower, they're made specifically for that purpose), alternatively I think you could do the same in windows in the mic settings but maybe the delay is too big

Talk to it every day until you learn it (you should start talking VERY slowly after a few seconds during a session but you kinda need to practice to keep the ability outside of it especially if your reasons are stutter/pronounciation related)
>>
>>18010966
>but I forgot
Literally "delayed auditory feedback"
Google this and try it
>>
>>18009642
One
Word
At
A
Time

It's
Pausing
For
Two
Seconds
After
Every
Word
You
Say
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.