[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ive been receiving death threats from a person i know because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: chatty.jpg (54KB, 900x500px) Image search: [Google]
chatty.jpg
54KB, 900x500px
ive been receiving death threats from a person i know because of an misunderstanding on snapchat but i didnt have the balls to screenshot any of them. i dont have any evidence now, what should i do?
>>
delete snapchat, i need more context, does the person know you irl?
>>
I mean, if you're going to actually go as far as reporting the dude and launching a case, nothing is deleted forever. Snapchat can retrieve whatever if they get a subpoena. Chances are though, given the fact most online "death threats" are just bullshit children with no actual intent to do anything the cops aren't gonna take it that far and it'll be far more expensive than it's worth to take them to court.

Block the dude on snap, if he's making multiple accounts just don't add anyone you don't know. Make a new account yourself if you have to. Or delete snapchat, as has been suggested. Don't interact with the guy and he'll get bored and leave you alone.

On the off chance he's actually serious/persistent from here on out save EVERYTHING. As the kid of a lawyer, that's the number one thing I've been taught all my life. Document every fucking moment of your life, you never know when you'll need evidence for something.
Give something for the police to look into, and if he dares to make any physical move (IE stalking, showing himself physically in front of you, sending shit to your home address) call the cops immediately.
>>
>>18010147
>>18010130
i know the guy but we are not very close friends, cut contact 3 years ago.
so i was sitting in my room, he was having a party and the music was very loud, i went upstairs, ringed the bell and told them to turn the volume down, i was being friendly and all. i return to my room, its quiet now and in 10 mins i see a police car outside the window. well obviously someone else had call the cops on them. they disbanded the party and in 30 mins i was starting to get death threats that if he finds out i was the one who called them, he and his buddies would come and fuck me up and that he would personally supervise that i would get beaten to death.
>>
>>18010311
(this is an apartment building btw)
i managed to save trough my computer webcam a snipette of chat where he asked me if i was afraid, i answered yes and he told me "you better be"
>>
>>18010311
Eh, dudes just butthurt. Ignore him, laugh at how stupidly petty he is, and if he sends you anything else threatening, call the cops or at least threaten to.
>>
he's just trying to scare you
>>
>>18010319
he is a scary guy ok, he has multiple assaults on record, not sure about murder though.
>>
File: Todd-Howard-Wallpaper.jpg (76KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Todd-Howard-Wallpaper.jpg
76KB, 1280x720px
>>18010327

I would've just explained first off you didn't make the call again and said "If I was going to call the cops I would've just called the cops like an asshole. I came up to ask you to turn it down cause I thought we were cool and I'd expect the same."

I've been in similar mistaken identity scenarios and it's usually more bark than bite. You never know though with 'tough' idiot types though that constantly have something to prove.

He sounds like a complete idiot though so just watch your back and record everything from now on, report what's needed if you're really feeling threatened. Letting him know you were scared was dumb and probably made him think you did it. He now knows he can push you around but if you can defuse the situation do it. Don't say too much though and ignore him after you've said your piece. If he's going to be an actual idiot about it and continue to threaten you or actually touches you, approaches you, get the law involved. He's already got assaults on his record so it won't look good for him.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.