[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I best handle dumb pointless drama in my friend group?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1465.jpg (37KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1465.jpg
37KB, 400x400px
How do I best handle dumb pointless drama in my friend group?

I mean, I stay out of it, of course, but it's still annoying needing to pay attention to who's being on whose side and all when we could all just hang out and have fun in peace.
>>
>pointless drama in my friend group
it's called feelings and if you had any friends you'd care how they felt and why. try being less of a piece of shit all the time
>>
>>18009631
Horrible advice. OP already said he stays out of it, give him the benefit of the doubt that he's not in the wrong.

>>18009624
Without more information, the best advice I can give is to remain neutral. If it really is pointless drama, they have no right dragging you into it and if they get mad at you for not taking a side, fuck em. Hang out with them individually to avoid drama if you can.
>>
>>18009631
Well, right now there's a feud between two sisters (it's usually always them against each other) because the older one (with whom most tend to side with) had declined to join in on a group hobby that the rest of us decided to try, and now that most of us ended up really enjoying it, she feels excluded of the group.

The younger sister pointed out that she was the one who decided to decline in the first place, so it's all her own fault if she feels like everyone's abandoned her. I mean, she's right, BUT she could just put an end to it by saying it nicer and offering to include her next time, but unfortunately the younger sister is the human embodiment of "you're not wrong, you're just an asshole".

I do care about how they feel, the problem is them not caring about each others' feelings.
>>
>>18009624
Keep doing what you're doing. It'll eventually turn into background noise.
>>
>>18009672
Also, telling them that their drama is pointless will likely piss them off so be careful.
>>
Don't say anything. Or leave the group. Why waste your time. Find other friends.
>>
>>18009624
sage, report, and hide
>>
>>18009624
I used to have a group of friends with this. After like a 6months of hanging out if things got any more heated or naggy than a nasty quip or something from someone, I'd stand up and just loudly and sarcastically say something blunt like "Oh god here comes the drama". I'd make sure I was always getting up to go piss or grab a drink to leave them without a person who had pointed it out to then immediately vent their bullshit on. If they were still going when I finished whatever I had gotten up to do, I'd flat out just say something like "oh god still going I see" and then wander away for a bit. I'd do it no matter what we were currently doing too, so if we were playing a video or board game etc. everything kind of came to a standstill until they stopped bitching or griping. After about 3 months of this one of the instigators stopped showing up entirely and the other one cut most of their shit out.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.