[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any lawyer who actually enjoy their job? Do you? I'd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: AUTISMO.jpg (66KB, 766x740px) Image search: [Google]
AUTISMO.jpg
66KB, 766x740px
Are there any lawyer who actually enjoy their job? Do you? I'd probably be really good at it, but I don't want to think about killing myself every fucking day. How's the pay? Going to uni next year so should I go into law? Is there any kind of lawyer I shouldn't be? Any other key information I should know?
>>
* lawyers
>>
My dad's a lawyer for some phone/cable company. He mostly does contracts and shit.
He's been doing it for about 40 years now, and yeah, he comes home and complains about hating his job every now and then, but what I think is that ANY job after 40 consecutive years is gonna get bland.
He started as a defense attorney doing mostly divorces and child custody type things. He said he didn't like that aspect much, which is understandable because those cases in particular can be, well kind of depressing.
Then he started being a "contract lawyer", idk what his official job title is, but that's basically what he does. Write contracts and negotiate deals for the phone company. I think he preferred the atmosphere of that better. To me it seems boring, I have no interest in law or anything, but if I did I would think that going to court would be more interesting than just reading and writing contracts all day. But maybe he just likes how it's less stressful.
TL;DR on that: I don't think there's any one job a single person can do their whole life and still love it the same way by the end of it. You're gonna get bored of it to some degree the closer you get to retirement. I think that's just life.
Though if you have no passion for it right now, then you probably don't want to just go into it for the money.

Speaking of,
>Money
Idk how much my dad makes specifically, but we've got a family of 4, and my mom is a part time nurse who only makes around 40 grand a year, probably a little less. My dad's the main bread winner, and we've lived a rather wealthy life. He sent both me and my sister to college without us having to take a single dime out in loans, and my sister went to a very expensive college.
I'd say you'll probably live pretty comfortably if you play your cards right.
>>
>>18009760
Sorry I can't be of any more help, that's just the personal experience of the daughter of a lawyer. I'd say our family has always been well off financially and that was mostly from my dad's income, however my dad did get lucky when the 2008 recession hit. While everyone else was losing their jobs, he was getting promoted. But that's just the economy, it can happen to anyone really.
>>
>>18009765
This is great advice, thanks.
>>
Occupy Democrats is a notch too much to the right.
>>
>>18009899
Sorry, wrong thread
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.