[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dealing with losing someone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Yo /adv/ I've been lacking motivation to do anything really at the moment and my sleep cycle's ruined. My best (and only true) friend killed himself 4 weeks ago today and needless to say I haven't been handling it very well. I feel absolutely lost without this dude to talk to and life's starting to pile the pressure of the real world onto me now that I need to find a real job and start supporting myself. My friend lived in another country so I've avoided even telling anybody that he's dead now. I don't even know what kind of advice i'm expecting to get I just don't want to feel so shit, when does everything start to get a bit better lads? Will I ever make another friend I can actually say that I love? Since I don't have any close friends and I'm distant from my family I don't have anyone who'd wanna talk about something like with me, should I get help from a therapist?
>>
>>18009029
Sorry to hear about that.

>when does everything start to get a bit better lads?
Bit by bit, as you experience new positive things. Take the time to grieve at your own pace.

>Will I ever make another friend I can actually say that I love?
It's certainly possible. But each relationship is unique so the key is to stay open to new ones and don't expect them to be the exact same thing. You managed to love someone once, you can do it again.

>should I get help from a therapist?
Yes. Even without that event, you sound like you could use some professional perspective on your situation. We all need help sometimes.
>>
>>18009029
I've found my girlfriend's corpse after she killed herself. It was really traumatizing, obviously. Not only did I have to deal with losing her, I couldn't help but think it was my fault...and having to see that was too fucked up for words.

After about 6 years I felt like I was coming out of the fog. I didn't miss her as much, and I didn't have to think about it as much. The depression lifted mostly, and I had interests again. 7 years after, I can see its irreversibly changed me, and not for the better. My heart, though it was cut deep and festered for years, eventually healed. Yours will too. You have to give it time. You'll survive this.
>>
>>18009039
Appreciate it man, might schedule something with a therapist. How should I go about telling family that I wanna go to a therapist though? Whenever I've thought about it, it never seems like there's a right time/way to tell them.

>>18009045
It's so shit that people have to deal with all this, nobody deserves anything like this to happen but I'm really glad to hear you're doing well again dude
>>
>>18009057
>How should I go about telling family that I wanna go to a therapist though?
Depends a lot on what they're like.

>Whenever I've thought about it, it never seems like there's a right time/way to tell them.
I also have a tendency to procrastinate when it comes these things, but it's just an obstacle. The longer you'll wait the more you'll hesitate.

You don't sound like you communicate much with your family, so maybe you don't need to tell them until a couple of sessions? How old are you?
>>
>>18009067
turning 19 in 2 months which I probably should've mentioned earlier to give a bit of context. My family's pleasent and they really mean well but I'm super antisocial and I don't really know how to talk to anyone in my family because they all feel so different from me. I do talk to them on occasion but typically it's just about things going on in the house for the few hours we're all awake at the same time. I know they'd be willing to hear me out with my problems but I just have such a hard time telling them anything personal.
>>
>>18009070
Talk and they will listen. It'll get there easier the more you open up to them.
>>
>>18009084
Alright man I'll definitely give it a shot, seems sorta obvious looking back at it now. Thanks again for hearing me out and shit dude, it means the world to me right now.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.