[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I being scammed? A week ago I put up a listing for a laptop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: unnamed.png (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
14KB, 300x300px
Am I being scammed?

A week ago I put up a listing for a laptop I was selling. It ended a few hours ago and the winner messaged me that he cannot pay for the laptop using his credit card because it exceeds his spending limit of $250 dollars. However, his solution was for me to send him a Paypal invoice and he would get his friends to borrow their credit cards to pay for the transactions. Now i'm new to ebay but this sounds EXTREMELY fishy. Is this a common scam? I was afraid of using ebay because of being taken advantage of.

What should I do?
>>
you should get him to send you the money before shipping the item.

no money, no item
>>
>>18008942

Of course. He is saying I should send him an invoice and he'll pay using multiple credit cards. Then after that I should make it paid on Ebay.

The way he typed out this message makes me highly suspect he is a scammer. I already do not like this transaction and want to call it off. If he cannot pay, what happens then?
>>
>>18008934

If you have a job working at a company or know you're going to be spending so much money on a laptop, why wouldn't you have the funds ready?

Having a company job usually means you'd have your own credit card.
>>
>>18008934

You have paypal as an option, right? (if not, make paypal an option and re-list, dont take other payment methods on ebay)

He can add multiple cards to his paypal account and pay the normal way, without a separate invoice. Report buyers who want to finish the transaction outside of ebay, they are scamming you. He is going to wait 30 days and file a paypal dispute to get the money back. Paypal will see that there is not an ebay sale formally linked to the invoice and refund the money.
>>
File: 1484464656001.gif (227KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1484464656001.gif
227KB, 500x400px
>>18008976

yeah, I had paypal as an option. Thank you so much for your answer!

I had a feeling it was a scam, but I had no clue how it would've worked in his favor. What should do from here? I am going to tell him to pay this auction through Ebay. If he doesn't, I'll just make an Unpaid Dispute claim.
>>
>>18008987

What's really weird is that when he put down his email for me to send a Paypal invoice to he spelled it out. As so:

"My email is EXAMPLE, follow by AT, follow by LIVE, follow by DOTCOME."

He didn't even spell the "dot com" part right...
>>
>>18008934
This is exactly what Paypal is for. Tell him you'll ship him the laptop when Paypal gets payment in full. But also give him a time limit - say 2 weeks - after which the sale is off.
>>
>>18008989
Just the way he wrote his e-mail raises suspicion. No one does that shit, ever.
>>
>>18009310

Ha, you should see the full email. I think I'll cancel the transaction.
>>
>>18008934
Report him to ebay and paypal, as he may also be using stolen card numbers and that way both will investigate him and potentially flag him in the future. Relist or contact the next bidder if that's still an option through ebay, I think they might have disabled your ability to see anyone but the winner a few years ago though. You may also get your listing fees back if you indicate in your ebay report that he was an obvious scammer.
>>
File: 1405487083934.gif (621KB, 440x247px) Image search: [Google]
1405487083934.gif
621KB, 440x247px
I canceled the transaction. You know what's funny? When I looked at where this guy was from, it said Nigeria.

How typical. Can I file a report? He did nothing wrong to me because I canceled the order, but I'm still annoyed someone like that was trying to take me for a ride.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.