[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i embarrassed myself at work. how do i deal? >be at lunch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1306622290859.png (65KB, 251x207px) Image search: [Google]
1306622290859.png
65KB, 251x207px
i embarrassed myself at work. how do i deal?
>be at lunch table
>somehow my co-workers all know this one guy i dated briefly (he's pretty infamous)
>without thinking i admitted i dated this guy for 2 weeks and said the rumors about him being an awful person is true
>someone asks me why i dated him
>combination of not used to being center of attention/nervous, and still feeling deep ragrets about dating him makes me say this
>"well he helped me get into my university program, and i thought if he was good enough for (insert popular girl here), i figured why not hahahah..."

in truth i knew nothing about him when he asked me out, only that he was passably attractive. i only found out all the bad news about him after we stopped talking and when i started school and was introduced to all his ex friends and his exes.

>one girl (who has something against me) says "oh so you used him to get into your program? and... for status?"
>me: "what? no, he just critiqued my portfolio and found out my portfolio score for me before it was released. and i dunno, he was charming at the time i guess"
>same girl keeps roasting me passive aggressively like i'm some slut, and everyone else judges

i should've never mentioned we dated. the 2 weeks were full of cringe too, and it doesn't help he was the first guy i ever dated. i regret everything about that experience, especially since he wasn't very nice and was really superficial.
>>
>>18008247
it doesn't sound like you embarrassed yourself. it sounds like you made a joke and this bitch ran with it.

most people at the table are probably on your side and too chickenshit to say something about it.

don't worry about it and hold your head high. stand up for yourself if she starts shit again.
>>
>>18008251
ugh the way she said it though made me sound awful, awful, awful.....

especially the part where she mentioned how the guy hit on literally every girl, and she implied i was stupid for falling for whatever "charm" he had. i tried to back myself up by saying something dumber because i was so nervous and embarrassed at that point with:

>"hahaaa... well it worked... lots of other girls thought he was worth dating too..."
>"i pointed him out to a friend of mine one time, saying 'that's the asshole!' and she admitted he was good looking."
>"it was nice to know he has such high standards considering he was such a poor person haaa haaa..."

which made me look even worse and narcissistic, while also complimenting him at the same time.
>>
Consider making a noose with a rope. It'll solve all your problems and one of your coworkers'.
>>
>>18008269
i'm not ready for that quite yet.....

just want to know how to live this down at work. the girl tends to not forget the stuff i joke about and twists it off as something horrible and i just made more material for her...

but she was literally trying to make material out of peanuts those times. i legitimately regret dating this guy... if i had known he had such a terrible reputation and awful personality, i would've avoided him completely. not to mention, he was the one who dumped me because my portfolio score wasn't high enough for him.
>>
File: 1437856444854.jpg (328KB, 1647x858px) Image search: [Google]
1437856444854.jpg
328KB, 1647x858px
Women are fucking vile, especially to each other. Welcome to the real world.
>>
>>18008278
Fucking pussy.
>>
>>18008278
It honestly sounds like she may be jealous. Don't worry about it and move on.
>>
>>18008280
well, she definitely is pretty vile.
i know she wouldn't let me forget this ever...
>>
>>18008278
He's referencing the robin williams conflict with Florida.
>>
>>18008290
thanks... not sure if it's out of jealousy considering she might've been the same height as him. (she's pretty tall... maybe like 5'8") she roasted him too, saying he was a manlet and such. just basically shamed me for dating him at all.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.