[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Income Tax

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

How do you guys file your income tax? I was thinking about using TurboTax this year. Have any of you guys used it, or have experiences with it?
>>
I've used TurboTax a few times in the past. I used it this year. It was only $34.99 to file my taxes and an additional $34, I think, to get it direct deposit.

Took about 10 minutes to file a W-2, 1099-G, and 1099-SA. I highly recommend it if your filing is simple and you don't have many deductions or forms. Even if you do it's still easy really.
>>
Just don't go to HR Block.

Rookie mistake from me. They charged me like $100 and were very rude.
>>
>>18008001
Use hr block online, should cost about the same as turbotax
>>
File: ohshitnig.jpg (18KB, 366x380px) Image search: [Google]
ohshitnig.jpg
18KB, 366x380px
>>18007996
>>18008015
>not pirating turbotax
>>
>>18008056
>being this poor

I made $70 while sitting outside playing on my phone for an hour an half waiting to unload a truck... on top of the $175 I already made that day.
>>
I used TurboTax, took me 20 mins to file three W-2s. I like it, my family uses it every year. If you have easy taxes and not a lot of deductions like >>18007996 said, go for it.
>>
IRS has some online resources which allow you to file for free if you make under 64k a year. The one I used (freetaxusa) walked me through different parts and provided help if needed.
https://www.irs.gov/uac/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free
>>
I get my dad to do it, he's a lawyer kek.
>>
i must have done something right bc i get a dollar from federal this year, but i'm salty as all get out.

i used turbo tax a few times, e file last year, and i'm on the fence about which one I'll actually file with this year.
>>
>>18008220
How dose that help any one you dumbfuck. Gtfo
>>
I've had better returns with TaxACT. The two times I used TurboTax I ended up owing an extra $800

I've filed 1099's for about 8 years now, been using TaxACT for about 5 of them.
>>
>>18008198
this.

If you don't have complicated income and under a certain income there are a few free 1040ez fillers, most even let you do some forms like student loan interest, other source of income, multiple w2s, blah blah. I've used taxslayer I think, super quick - I'm happy.
>>
>>18008345
I used to be able to get a decent amount around 300 now it's dropped to 45 bucks. What the fuck. State income is literally giving me 0 dollarinos. If you're a poor single person this government doesn't give a fuck.
>>
>>18007996
wait I thought turbo tax was free for basic shit?
I was considering using it this year if that was the case.

Normally I use e-file, which I think is the IRS software. I got an email saying I could save 50 percent off, which is why I think i'll use it.

It's was only about 35 total last year.
>>
I'm pissed that my employer still hasn't posted W2's, I really need to get that refund in time for the nintendo switch. I don't make a lot of money so this is important.
>>
LOL wanna know how I know /adv/ is full of permaproles?

anyway I'm filing a 1040 and multiple schedules by hand then double checking with turbotax because I think if you don't actually submit the filing it doesn't charge you
>>
is this legit?

It costs nothing?

Someone pls respond

http://blog.turbotax.intuit.com/turbotax-news/absolute-zero-free-turbotax-absolutely-no-strings-attached-18720/
>>
I use tax slayer. Easiest service I've seen. I think u get a discount in you're new
>>
>>18007979
>paying income tax
anon pls
>>
>>18007979
TurboTax is the shit. I qualify for the free edition of turbotax and I am getting a good amount of money back. very simple to use and they will help you squeeze out as much as you can for your return.

>>18008056
>wanting your pc to beacon somewhere in china or Russia for pirating software

better monitor your traffic anon because you are probably giving your ssn to the Chinese.
>>
>>18008393
Tax slayer is amazing, I am volunteering with a organization that does free tax returns for low income and older people and that is what we are using.
>>
>>18008399
>>18008345
Haha! I'm getting a 4.5k return this year. That's what happens when your work taxes the shit out of you and you pay 5k in school tuition.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.