[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Girlfriend doesn't listen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4675.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4675.png
1MB, 750x1334px
My girlfriend doesn't listen to me anymore.

I've been trying to discuss why I've been upset with her as of lately, but she keeps tuning me out. I think her intentions are good and she's trying to calm me down, but I'm frustrated with her and instead of turning a ear to listen she's focused on "curing my frustration".

She used to be more focused on hearing me out. It's truthfully very upsetting that my voice isn't being heard.

What do I do?
>>
>>18007880
Bump
>>
maybe she's the one who needs to talk
Have you tried hearing her pov ? Sometimes, it's really exhausting to always be here for the other and being a listener more than a talker, you get to feel lonely.
>>
>>18007955
I always listen to her problems. She's told me it often helps.

I tried talking to her about mine today, but she jumped to "fixing my frustration", not hearing it, if that makes sense.
>>
>>18007958
hmm
Maybe she's just having a rough week and needs a little more time for herself or something. I think you should let her breathe for a little bit and try and work on yourself. If she doesnt come back to you soon and the distance doesnt seem to bother her, well I'm sorry anon ..

Hopefully it won't though. Probably it will go back to normal in a few days/weeks if you just let her time to sort things up.
>>
>>18007880
How long has she been ignoring you, OP?
>>
Tell her "I need you to listen to me, and just listen and not try to 'fix' anything. I just need to vent."
>>
>>18008018
Well, I'm not generally upset, it's hard to tell.

We began having problems a couple months ago. Usually when we have a disagreement, we discuss it, but these days she simply apologizes, moves on, and the cycle repeats.
>>
Update:

I just basically told her that I feel as if she's not listening. She said she'd listen, I explained for a bit, and then she kind of cut me off and apologized. She didn't listen much after that. She then apologized again and said she wanted to take a shower.

This is so frustrating. Now she's coming to me about being upset about a post she saw on some website. Why is she not concerned about the problems I'm trying to express to her?
>>
>>18008047
She's a selfish cunt. Dump her.
>>
File: 1477592950273.png (474KB, 511x425px) Image search: [Google]
1477592950273.png
474KB, 511x425px
>>18007880

1 of 2 options. Be honest with yourself and consider all the options.

1. You are being completely reasonable. Your girlfriend just isn't a very good listener and you're counting on an inattentive person to be attentive and its just not working. Try to communicate with her in a precise manner and instead of focusing on what negative traits in her are causing her inattentiveness focus on how her inattentiveness makes YOU feel. Address her sense of empathy instead of going on the attack.

2. You're not being reasonable. Something about the way you communicate is difficult for her to listen to and invokes negative feelings and tuning you out is the only way she knows how to process it. Participate in a bit of introspection and ask yourself whether or not the attentiveness you're expecting from her is reasonable.

Are you frequently negative? Are you nit picky? Do you tend to drone on and on and expect her to remain focused on you for long periods of time?

Think about it hard. A very important part of setting boundaries and expectations for people in our lives is recognizing when those boundaries and expectations are reasonable.

Get in depth with her, if you must. Ask her why its so hard for her to listen to you. If the truth can't be accomplished through civilized conversation then chances are this relationship isn't going to move in a positive direction.
>>
>>18007880
>nd she's trying to calm me down
stop acting like a woman and maybe your woman will take you seriously
>>
>>18008495
Only one true post in this thread. OP, stop acting like a woman. Your girl is just being turned off by your "please her me out, I wanna tell you about how I feel". Women do that shit, you can tell about your feelings to your friends, not to your woman. But even they will eventually tell you to man the fuck up. Stop whining and act like a man. Don't let your woman bitch, if she displeases or pisses you off in some way, communicate that to her in a loving way. Put your foot down. Just don't go all "muh feelings".
>>
She probably is cutting you off and such because she internally feels like shes being criticized and reprimanded. Girls dont like to be told something is their fault. So could be shes just trying to "cope" and i use that lightly.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.