[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, i need help. My family just doesn't take me seriously

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 148888846.jpg (44KB, 558x720px) Image search: [Google]
148888846.jpg
44KB, 558x720px
Hey guys, i need help. My family just doesn't take me seriously at all. I'm 18 but for them I'm still 8.

>inb4 move out lol

That's the main reason I'm posting this here. An University provid me a full scholarship (food, a certain amount of money every month for transportation and such, no need to pay for my career, etc.) because of my good grades in highschool. The thing is that this University is not situated in the city I'm currently living, so i have two options: get up every day at 2:00 AM to travel to my uni for five years or live with some friends in that city and pay the rent with the money I'm going to receive for the transportation. The second option seems better right? Well, that can't be.

My parents won't let me, they say "it's too dangerous out there and my roommates can turn out to be gang members and drag me into that world, and that i shouldn't be acting like an adult just because I'm 18 and I should better work with my uncle because it's safer and a few years later pay my own career in this city".

I'm dying, /adv/. I don't know what to do because if i run away they would find me and that would be ten times worse. I don't have abusive alcoholic parents, but at least running away from then would be easier if they were.
>>
>>18007626
>running away

dude
its not "running away" that does make it sound like you're 8

obviously go with the second option and stand up for yourself, tell them thats what you want and are going to do
>>
File: 1479840983325.jpg (29KB, 400x396px) Image search: [Google]
1479840983325.jpg
29KB, 400x396px
>>18007626
>An University
>>
>>18007665
I get your point, but seriously though, they called the police because last week my phone died
>>
It is your life and not theirs. Just go and do it.
>>
just start packing, tell your parents you're moving out firmly and prove you'll be fine.

something i wish i would've done for my over-protective parents was that i stood up for myself more and just do what i believed was right.

hell, i didn't even learn how to use an ATM machine until i was 21 (and a friend taught me) because my parents strongly didn't believe in letting me use my money. (they used to guard my account and access it whenever they liked... had to ask permission to use my own money)

i was socially crippled, extremely naive and lacked how to use things that everyone else knew how to, etc... it was embarrassing trying to catch up at my age.

don't end up like me op. i didn't get a full sense of independence until i was 24 which was when i got my own apartment in another city, a good job to support myself and most importantly, harder to be reached by my parents. (i'm 25 now. let that soak in.)
>>
>>18007684
If they do, you stand by your rights. If they come to get you, ask the councillors at your University for help.
Please, you will regret it forever if you don't take this chance.
>>
You're 18, cops can't do anything to you if you're sane or not a retard, if you are then stay with your parents. Your kind is obnoxious and disruptive to the classroom environment
>>
>>18007684

whaty are they gonna do physically remove you from your new home? if you can you call the police.

you're a big boy now OP, you need to stand up. there is no magical button that will fix this for you. if your parents are being silly stand up for yourself. if they want to disown you simply because you're smart enough to get a full ride scholarship and live on yuor own, well thats their problem.
>>
Thanks guys, i really appreciate your support, tonight I'm going to have a real serious talk with them, it's now or never
>>
>>18007833

I AINT GONNA LIVE FOR-EVER!
>>
>>18007626
They're retards. Instead of encouraging you to do something that might actually give you a career, they are trying to destroy your oportunities by locking you in working low wage stray jobs.

Say fuck to that op. You know better.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.