[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Losing Everyone Post Divorce

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

Be me. Nearing middle age, childless and staying with family. Just divorced after nearly a decade, he traded in for something newer and better. Was beaten down (literally and emotionally), gave all my time and money into something that was a lost cause apparently. Lost my home, my hometown, best friend/husband, starting to lose my friends. I dont want new friends. I am on a self improvement journey which is working but damn I am so depressed. I cannot take losing anymore. I cannot keep pretending to be ok. I know I have to let go of my old life, but I wish he was the only thing I was losing. How do people deal with losing everything in their independant life, and starting over? Has anyone been here before?
>>
Guess not. Fuck.
>>
Life is flawed and cruel, you're one of the unlucky ones. All you can do is focus on your future and try not to think too much of the past.

Why did you divorce exactly? How old are you?
>>
I am 28. Divorced because he found someone else who was barely legal.
>>
fuck op, that sucks. i'm 25, but take this from an anon who always lost her friends due to constantly moving around, lost contact with my dad, on bad terms with my mom, lost someone who i thought was my best friend, had an abusive ex that convinced all our mutuals (and other people by extension) that i was "trash", and was alone for the longest time. in short, i had to start over on a lot of things, all the time. i had literally no one to talk to.

you need to start finding and meeting new people and stay positive. as generic as that sounds, it's a good habit to get into; genuinely looking at the bright side of things. if you can't find the bright side, make it happen. it has an effect on others, where they see your positivity and associate you as someone pleasant to be around. then when you find a balance and happiness again, people get drawn to you like magnets.

i got my life somewhat in order again. i have new friends, a boyfriend who cares about me, i live in a city that i love, working a job that i love. just don't give up op. it really does get better.
>>
Thank you.
>>
>>18007617
I have been there, OP. Not divorced, but we were together for 8 years before he left me for a 20 year old (we were both in our mid 30s).

It does get better. Do no contact as much as you can. I didn't and I held out hope for reconciling for years and it stunted my own personal growth. Use this as a chance to do all the stuff you've been wanting to do.
>>
I'm with you. 46 years old. Lost my home, my husband, my children, and my family in one day. You do NOT get divorced in my family. The cunt- faced faggot-ass sociopath I married kidnapped my kids (legally because we hadn't signed a joint custody agreement) and when I went off on him called the cops and got a protective order. I haven't seen my daughters (age 7-9) in 7 months. It's been so painful… I tried to commit suicide twice this summer, but the motherfuckers invaded my house, STOLE prescription drugs that had nothing to do with my overdose, then billed me $1500 for the ENT service. My life is a bowl of fuck. I feel you.

Oh, yeah. He waited to divorce me only after he'd "vetted" some new bitch. She can have his faggot ass. lol… she can put up with his bullshit.
>>
>>18007982
>>18007875
What the fuck are MILFs doing on 4chan?
>>
>>18008039
I started posting on 4chan in my early-to-mid 20s and still come by from time to time.
>>
>>18008208
That's interesting. What other boards do you visit?
>>
>>18008226
/fit/ and /x/ mostly. Occasionally /mu/.

Though when I was in my 20s, I pretty much stuck to /b/ and the animated gif forum to find gifs for my myspace profile.
>>
Thank youall for your feedback. It helps. Man, we have all been through some shit. Here is to hoping this thread helped us all not feel so alone with these issues.
>>
>>18008244
>myspace
kek
greetings fellow oldfriend
>>
One thing that makes me happy when I see one of these threads is knowing that those old fucks will come crawling back a month or two later after the infatuation wears off and they realize they've been dating an immature child.. I don't have much advice but you can always enjoy the prospect of that happening.
>>
>>18008395
That hasn't happened in my case. They've been together for over 2 years now. I do look forward to the day they break up even though i don't want him back and otherwise wish him well.
>>
>>18007617
you should consider your self lucky if you dont have kids. because if you dont have money your kids will grow up to hate you.
>>
24 year old male here

I've slept with about 14 women and dated like 6 of them.

Many of them act very mean and stand off-ish for a while, or lose interest and end up with somebody else.

I can tell that it never occurs to these young women in their early 20's that some day their dating market value will drop, and they won't be able to just dump whoever they are with and go fuck some other good looking guy.

What's going on with this? Does this shit ever change? These women are just mindlessly arrogant about dating.

Do they stop doing this when they get older or what?
>>
>>18008538

A man slut judging other sluts for being sluts. You're a disease riddled piece of shit, you should be more worried about your own arrogance than what other people do.
>>
>>18008548
Hahaha what

>man slut judging other sluts

I would probably still be with one of those women if they hadn't started behaving cunty or ran off. That's what I am asking about.

I have no problem with myself having fucked 14 women. I love women.
>>
>>18008557

>I would probably still be with one of those women if they hadn't started behaving cunty or ran off

No you wouldn't, you're a mess and will never have a fulfilling relationship in your life.

>I have no problem with myself having fucked 14 women.

You should.
>>
>>18008560
I'd like to fuck maybe 4 more if I don't end up marrying one of them.

Cry about it bitch
>>
>>18008565

Let's hope the HIV kills you before then.

Cry more about being called out about being a man slut, filthy whore
>>
>>18008575
>hiv from having intercourse with a condom, only with women I know well

Dude holy shit, if you need advice losing your virginity I'll give it to you. Not trolling, I am good at giving that kind of advice.
>>
File: 1328029909766.jpg (31KB, 363x310px) Image search: [Google]
1328029909766.jpg
31KB, 363x310px
>>18008575
HOLY SHIT PROJECTING THIS MUCH, MY FUCKING SIDES RIGHT NOW
>>
>>18008575
Why is /r9k/ here?
>>
>>18007617
As the one responsible for this, I'd say put down the video games, maybe quit drinking and smoking, and leave. Go somewhere completely new and truly lose it all. You know how much you like Fight Club, right? "It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything". Illinois is a shit tier state, get out of it. I'm leaving with her next month and I'm estatic regardless of if my newfound relationship works out. I'm still sorry that I wasted a decade of your life. It should be a stepping stone for us both, but marriage between us should not have happened and that's my fault entirely for going into it with questions and fears. It's so strange that I just happened to get on here for the first time in months and see your thread. I wish you the best as well, I'm truly sorry for the pain. Life is suffering, we both know this. In the end, we'll lose it all. Make everything in between count.
>>
im supposed to show sympathy but i know you dont need to lift a finger to have a white knight appear and correct everything wrong thats been done to you
the only question is if you will let him or youll keep lusting after prince charmings who have the personality of a chimp
>>
>>18007617
Losing things is part of growing older. For everything lost, you'll be sure to gain something. Focus on now. Thinking of the past will lead to depression, thinking of the future will end in anxiety. Instead, learn from the past, and naturally let now become the future. Shape your future in some ways but only worry about the foundation you're building right now. Friends come and go, relationships aren't all going to last. Don't base yourself on what you have or don't have and don't let others be responsible for your own happiness. Be glad you had a decade with someone, just learn from that relationship and take what you can from it. Also, be happy that children weren't involved with the divorce. Wishing you the best of luck anon. You'd be surprised how many people out there can relate. Most people have nothing or very little. Just don't become an overly medicated mess of a tool if things spiral downward at any point. Too many choose distraction or numbness over clarity and action. Take care and keep up the crafting.
>>
>>18008871
Ha. Never posted here either. Fight club though, really? I wish you luck. Im not worried about you or your happiness, though i wish you well.. It is about losing everything and everyone. Losing my life. With all the loss, i wouldnt run away from more, doesnt make sense.
>>
Most women are vile.

Extremely disgusting.

My first girl friend was abusive, controlling, histrionic, immature and a cheater. My second girlfriend was immature, emotionally distant, used me for sex, completely rude and not the cute kind of sassy and sarcastic. Completely went from "Oh you're a cool person" to "we have nothing in common gtfo delete my number."

Current girlfriend outclasses these two bitches by millions of milestones.

Point is, out of three girls I've dated, I've had 10 sluts that pumped and dumped me. Only three other girls dated me for a bit before I called it quits. Usually due to their obsessive behavior.

Men are no better, but it goes to show that people need to smarten up and quit being fucking childish. Last girlfriend awoke a particular rage and spark of life inside me. I'm way, waaay more assertive and direct now. And would definitely call out on people's bullshit.
>>
>>18009002
I say that because we're living in a grave yard of memories. I can't go anywhere around this town without remembering something or someone. There is no opportunity here and not much to see. I just think a new place would suit you well is all, a chance to start completely fresh. Yeah...fight club, I know it's old teenage angst cringe shit, but the quote is relevant. I feel like I'm all you really lost aside from the apartment and Valkyrie. You still have your friends, it's probably just more apparent now just how distant people are.
>>
>>18007617
PFFFT 10 years, try 15 years

ya....that was me year and a half ago

now im 47. Fucking bitch cheated on me.

now im 47, no kids, and no wife, would have reitred in 4 years a millionaire if my wife had not split (we both were making great money)

and why? Oh, because she never partied like her single gf's. So she thought her life was passing by too fast.
>>
>>18009013
I am in a new place, town, house. Im done replying here. I really dont want to argue. Goodbye.
>>
>>18009017
I can almost be content with my life in comparison..

Lost 5 years dwelling on an ex gf who only lasted a few months, but i was crazy about, ender up on meds for a short bit 5 years later. pretty major depression, but had your situation happened to me, I think I might have ripped my own head off by force.

all these stories are sad as fuck.. people being played, years invested, peace of mind lost, getting cucked, fucking wow bro... life is a fucking mission.

better days everybody.
>>
You should really be thankful that you didn't have kids with the guy. I'm also divorced because he was suicidal, got addicted to drugs and was cheating on me, and locked our child in a closet so he could play video games while I was grocery shopping. He cut ties and I haven't seen him in years. When it first happened it was tough, but I already had a degree, moved back to my hometown to be near family and got a job pretty quickly.

I'm still working on my self-esteem though. I'm a petite person but his family kept sending me XXL clothing for a year after it ended to fuck with me and sending me crazy text messages saying no one would ever like me and that I was a shitty person. I do believe no one will ever like me though.

Anyway, OP, you'll make it. At least now you're free and you can go anywhere you want and make any change in the world. Go enjoy it
>>
File: wallhaven-343502.jpg (1MB, 5120x2880px) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-343502.jpg
1MB, 5120x2880px
>>18008580
I am 19 y-o virgin, give me an advice.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.