[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quarter Life Crisis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: bloodymaryinfinity.jpg (55KB, 599x552px) Image search: [Google]
bloodymaryinfinity.jpg
55KB, 599x552px
I've been saving money and looking for land for the last few years, and I've finally found something that I think I want to buy and build a house on. Coincidentally, later this year was when my girlfriend and I were planning on moving in together. Originally, we were just going to try and find a cheapish house to rent, but now I've found this land and I'm not sure what to do. The land is cheap enough that I could probably make payments on it and still afford to split rent on a cheap place, but is that a good idea? Would it be a horrible idea to try and build a house on my land and then move into it with my girlfriend? Or get started on it, live with her at my parents' for a bit and finish it together, and then move in?
>>
File: original.jpg (629KB, 1024x757px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
629KB, 1024x757px
Burmp?
>>
>>18007326
If you can pay both do it. But shit can get out of hand faster than you think. I would not go in half cocked.
>>
>>18007383

>shit can get out of hand

Definitely - got any horror stories or examples? What would you consider half cocked? I think just owning land would be a major asset, whether I build on it in five or ten years or never.
>>
oh shit
do NOT buy a house or land with a girlfriend and split anything
if you want to own it on your own fine but i dont see the reason to
>>
>>18007406
and just buying land for no reason is also dumb it is not an asset, the only people who think that are turboplebs

establish an emergency fund
match 401k, max out ira, max out 401k, then invest in a taxable account
>>
>>18007584

No no I would make it clear that I would be buying the land myself. If she wants to live there and pay into it without gaining equity that's fine.

>>18007591

I've just dreamed of buying land and building my own house forever, and I found a cool and affordable spot to do it. Land is a pretty good investment, especially if you put a decent house on it. I don't have any interest in fucking around with 401k's and IRA's.
>>
File: 1463966120333.jpg (195KB, 919x960px) Image search: [Google]
1463966120333.jpg
195KB, 919x960px
bump?
>>
>>18007591
>just buying land for no reason is also dumb it is not an asset
You have to be retarded. Land is a great investment to add to a portfolio, as it inflation hedges very well and can often generate a high return during some short run periods. I personally know someone who bought land and ended up selling it in a year for a 15k profit
>>
>>18007959

This - but I'm also planning on putting a house on the land. A $10,000 plot of land can easily be worth $100,000 with a nice dwelling on it.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.