[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i stop feeling anxious and stressed about the future?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3951.jpg (415KB, 2048x1896px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3951.jpg
415KB, 2048x1896px
How do i stop feeling anxious and stressed about the future? I'm 24 already and I feel like I'm losing control of my life. I haven't achieved absolutely anything, haven't ever been abroad, have no SO, I'm going nowhere work-wise.
>>
>haven't been abroad
That's what you get for living in the United® States® of America™
>>
>>18006317
you must have achieved something what education do you have or where do you work?
>>
>>18006333
trips can't lie
>>
>>18006317
Google "People who became successes late"
>>
>>18006333
why go abroad though? everything is worse and dirtier. If I wanted to see people who are unwashed and don't speak english I can visit a trailer park
>>
>>18006493
knowing new cultures, something north americans don't appreciate for some reason.
>>
>>18006499
What's so great about 'new' cultures? And if I wanted to know a new culture I could just travel within the US
>>
>>18006436
Computer engineering which I hate. Also I'm not American, I'm Spanish.
>>
>>18006525
actually spanish, or a spic?

you could go agitate for catalonian independence
>>
>>18006525
>Study computer engineering
>I achieved absolutely nothing
Kill yourself my man
>>
>>18006537
European Spanish

>>18006564
Going to college is the norm where I live and I got my graduate with mediocre marks all around. I also hate it but was too much of a pussy to drop out and study something else.
Also it's not real engineering, it's neither hard nor cool and interesting like real engineering stuff.
>>
As someone that is dealing with this, what worked for me is actually sitting down and asking myself what I want out of life
I wrote down whatever came to my head no matter how big or how small and by the end of the page I looked back at this collage of wants and got a better idea of where I wanted to go and who I wanted to be. I chose to go after a dream of mine that I've been scared of trying because I thought I wouldn't be good enough, smart enough or whatever. But that's all bullshit we tell ourselves to stop us from trying things that make us scared. An ancient relic from the time where danger meant death. Truth is that living in this time period gives us a lot of fucking leeway to try things and take big risks especially before marriage and other things are weighing us down. The key is consistent incremental growth at all times. Pick something that actually gets you excited and obsess over getting it and work towards it everyday. You can't expect it to be perfect or easy but you can expect it to feel fulfilling because you're actually being honest with yourself about what you want out of life.

If you don't know what you want that's fine too
Experiment pick something that gives you the slightest interest and learn more about it
Once you find something that's tolerable pursue it for a set timeframe. Give yourself 30 days of getting into it and trying, promise to yourself that no matter how hard it gets to do that you'll do it for 30 days no matter what. At the end you can reflect and I promise that the understanding of yourself and discipline xp bars will go up.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.