[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Letting go of the past

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Alright, /adv/, brief story time:

> >Be me as a kid growing up
> >SocialPariah.jpg
> >Meet and fall in love with girl first time I see and meet her
> >She clearly feels the same way I do, and is first person to really be accepting of me
> >Time passes and having been too beta she finds someone else
> >She's taken by one person or another the next three years, I never have an opportunity
> >Opportunity with same circumstances as before comes, still too beta and I miss it again
> >I "move on" and find other people but am always thinking of her in the back of my mind
> >On and off for the next 4 years I try to be with her to no avail due to poor timing
> >Fast forward to now, eight years later
> >Am dating someone who's absolutely perfect for me, but still does not compare to "her"
> >Realize that I should be content but still can't stop thinking about other girl and what could have been; "The one that got away"
> >Also realize that perhaps I was more in love with the idea of this girl rather than she herself
> >Wutdo.jpg

>TL;DR: I feel like I'm in love with someone I have no reason to be in love with and want to get over that feeling/let go of the past but can't seem to manage

Any /adv/ice?
>>
>>18005852
shit man, 8 yrs is a heck of a long time to be hung up about somebody (im starting a 4th year myself, tho id never want her back romantically)
tell me more about your current SO
>>
>>18005856
Perhaps I should have specified: the girl I have this obsession with and I never actually dated but came close several times.

Either way, my current SO just kind of seems to be my other half: she's the only girlfriend I've had where I find myself willing to drop whatever I'm doing to spend time with her, we like a lot of the same things but are still different enough for the relationship to not be boring, etc. Actually like my idea of a perfect SO/LI.

She's also the only girlfriend I've ever been able to to decisively say I wouldn't leave for a chance to be with the other girl. They don't look the same or have many similarities, if that's where your going. Kind of adds to the whole "maybe I was in love with an idea" thing.
>>
>>18005869
*you're, fuck me
>>
>>18005869
have you blocked the other girl on all social media n shit yet?
I cant imagine id think about somebody this much WHILE being in a commited thing somebody, having the possibility to spend a considerable amount of time with somebody almost every day.

At least you clearly realize how lucky you are right now, dont fuck it up.
>>
>>18005886
You would think so, but no. It's not that I want her to stop being a part of my life, block her from social media, etc., I just want to stop feeling the way that I do about her.
You would consider that a hopeless venture, then? Blocking her from my life is my best shot?
>>
>>18005898
shell never cease to be a part of your life completely.
Are you two actually talking or something ?
what do you mean "stop being a part"..what the hell

And yes, blocking her, at least for some time, think of some stupid excuse if you must, is the best shot. Stop reminding yourself of her.
>>
>>18005909
We talk on and off, yes, but it's only like once every few months.

>what do you mean "stop being a part"
Sorry, poor choice of words; she isn't particularly involved.

>And yes, blocking her, at least for some time, think of some stupid excuse if you must, is the best shot.
I'll deeply consider it, but the thing is: if eight years couldn't stop me from thinking of her and feeling this way, how could blocking her and ceasing communications for a lesser period of time achieve that?
>>
>>18005926
"what the eyes dont see, the heart cant feel"

look, if you 2 are good friends, shell understand and be there for you afterwards still.Stop comparing them or youll ruin your relationship
>>
This seems like its a battle between heart and mind. But I have a question. Can your so called perfect SO really be so perfect and really be the one for you if you still want the other girl? If you truly feel that she is the one, then you should drop all contact with the other girl. But if not, then you should break up with your current, and not string her along. You gotta figure out what you want. If you want the girl you are with, then be with her. The other girl should be the one who doesn't compare. But if you're still hung up on this one girl, who didn't even give you a chance, then maybe you won't be satisfied, until she does give you that chance. But you will most likely lose the girl you're with if you do that.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.