[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am i making a good choice ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: cabin-in-the-woods-10849.jpg (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
cabin-in-the-woods-10849.jpg
1MB, 1920x1200px
One part of me wants to go to college but i don't feel smart enough and i don't feel very motivated to,the other half just wants to become a mountain man and live in a cabin.

>what should i do
I really like the mountain man idea but i just think people will think I'm stupid for not going to college.
>>
>>18005706

Much like your image here is fictional, so to is your idea on how being a mountain man would be. Go to school, and be proactive with your studies. You're probably much more intelligent than you make yourself out to be.
>>
something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ODu2RZIuXk
>>
While I'm not comment on whether becoming a mountain man is a good or bad idea, I'll say you can go to college at any point.

I feel that much of the reason there's a push for people to go straight to tertiary education is that once you start making adult money doing more menial tasks (for instance, picking up a trade/manual work in Australia or even things like retail) you're going to become accustomed to that and not want to bother with higher education.
>>
>>18005721

On a side note, you can also become a mountain man at any point, plus if you're older chances are you'll be able to grow a nice beard for the occasion.
>>
>>18005724
what should i really do ?
>>
>>18005727

Only you can decide that, anon.

Being smart enough is vary rarely an issue, unless you have a legitimate learning disability you'll still be able to keep up with the course work. When people say they're not smart enough to do something, what they mean 95% of the time is they don't want to put in the effort/are lazy.
>>
>>18005706

wanting to be a mountain man is like wanting to be married, or wanting to be a writer, without there being any experience.

you're not imagining the hard work or loneliness and boredom. you're imagining a monstage of random 'comfy' moments the same way someone who fantasizes about being married imagines coming home to a nice house, and a random hot fantasy woman smiling at him, and a kid laughing.

they dont think about coming home to a mess, to bills, to hating your job, to a kid who is crying and screaming.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.