[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/ how can I cope with losing my girlfriend of 7 years?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170110_232952_846.jpg (811KB, 1992x1475px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170110_232952_846.jpg
811KB, 1992x1475px
Hey /adv/ how can I cope with losing my girlfriend of 7 years? Shes 26 I'm 28. She said she just needs to do her own thing and be on her own. I loved her more than anyone. I was going to ask her to marry me this year. I cant eat or sleep. Any wisdom out there?
>>
>>18005280

First and foremost

>She said she just needs to do her own thing and be on her own

Immediately stop thinking of who-what-when-where-and-why broke the relationship. It's done. It is over. She is out of your life. But, here's the thing. It's your fucking life, nobody else, just yours and yours alone.

Believe it or not, you're never truly together with someone, rather they're apart of your life. Apart. A part. Not the whole thing, just a part of it. You might be feeling that void of her being gone, but your life is far from over. Keep going. Over time little pieces of life will fill that void and eventually you'll forget.

Keep on truckin' mother fucker.
>>
Go fuck another chick man, it's kind of like a soft reset for your brain when it comes to relationships. Being hung up on someone that doesn't feel the same way about you is about as unhealthy as it gets.
>>
>>18005297
Also this op
>>
>>18005297
Thanks brother. The void is the worst part. Being with someone for so long then have them leave is horrible. I truly loved her but I suppose the world keeps spinning. I wish in the back of my mind she will come back but I hope that feeling is temporary.
>>
>>18005280
Okay I realize this is 4chan and the link I am sending is for a feminist blog but seriously I found this article to be very helpful

http://pervocracy.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-worst-thing-in-world.html
>>
>>18005304
Man I couldn't even imagine doing that. Partly because I still have hope she'll come back and I don't want to ruin that. I know that's not the right mindset but that's where I am rn. it's only been 4 days.
>>
You'll be miserable for awhile, it's just something you'll have to ride out.

In the meantime go about your day, keep on improving yourself. Not going to lie you're going to have moments where you want to break down and give up, but keep doing g what you're doing, even if you have to cry while doing it.

Post break up is a pit of sinking sand, keep moving if you feel yourself getting pulled in. Eventually the bad feelings will fade and you'll be grateful you didn't allow yourself to deteriorate.
>>
>>18005316
Damn. Thanks anon.

"I was in pain, I was inbadpain,but I had thought it would be infinite pain, and it was finite. It was only a six-foot cockroach."

I teared.
>>
>>18005318
Thanks for the words man. I can't wait for this feeling to fade.
>>
>>18005317
Hey man, take your time adjusting. I'm just saying that from the perspective that it speeds the process up a lot.

All you really have to do is work towards bettering yourself. Just get it in your head that It's her loss in the end.
>>
You make me feel better about my 1.5 year gf breaking up with me. Feel good that you're giving someone some comfort. Take some benadryl to help sleep.
>>
>>18005317
If anything once you start fucking other girls that's going to make her jealous.

Anyways, you're in the wrong mindset. She isn't coming back man. You have to let go of that expectation or it's going to hurt. The longer you hold onto it and the more time you invest into hoping it will happen, the more it's going to hurt you when it doesn't.
>>
>>18005341
Yeah that's true. I just hope I find someone that will appreciate the love I give. This is making me feel better. Thank you everyone. It's good to know that even though I don't have many close friends, that there's still ppl out there who'll listen. I love the fuck out of you guys.
>>
>>18005351
>I just hope I find someone that will appreciate the love I give
Yeah.
Me too man.

Sigh.
>>
>>18005350
True. I just need to get out of this apartment. All her stuff is still here and it's killing me. She's staying at her parents rn. It's a nice ass apt ($1200) and I feel bad making her move back once I find a place because I make twice as much as her. Luckily it's a 2br and she can get a roommate but still that might take a while. Just more stress in my situation.
>>
>>18005358
You will brother. Yesterday at the store I asked a cute nerd girl how's it going? She said 'great' with a smile. After that, Everytime I saw her in the store she kept staring at me. I knew she was interested but because of my situation I didn't do anything. It was more of a wreckless greeting, wasn't expecting a reply. Anyways, be confident anon and make the first move even if it's a hello. You'd be surprised man.
>>
>>18005365
Pack up her shit and leave it in boxes for her to pick up. It will be therapeutic for you. Take your time with it to, go out and get a coffee and sit in the park or hang out with some mates.
>>
>>18005385
Well she's going to move back once I find a place. Besides it just the whole apartment that's getting me down. I found a studio earlier today and am going to check it out tomorrow morning. I think once I move my mood will be lifted.
>>
>>18005280
Why does it only seem to be women who do this? I can't think of many times I've heard a man say he left an otherwise stable long term relationship just to "do his own thing".
>>
>>18005280
im going to tell you something and you're gonna say "no not her, shes different"
When a girl does a 180 like that and just flips, theres another guy involved. bottom line.
>>
>>18005412
I often think this and remember a quote or saying that goes:

Woman marry men hoping they'd change. Men marry women hoping they don't.
>>
>>18005429
There's not though. I'm sure of it. I really believe she wants to focus on herself for a while.
>>
Marry with her would be an excuse to still with you when she doesn't want to.
>>
>>18005445
Women are fucking dumb. being in a relationship doesn't mean you're incapable of focusing on yourself. She probably just lost feelings for you and didn't want to say so directly.
>>
>>18005445
My girlfriend said the same exact thing like word from word exact.
another dude in a week.
>>
>>18005304
this doesn't work though. not for everyone. makes some people feel worse.
>>
>>18005445
but there is.
>>18005429
this guy is 100% right.

I'm in your exact position but instead of 4 days it's been a month and a bit. Girl went from telling me how much she loved me and how great we were togehter and blah blah blah blah blah then out of nowhere it's 'i need to work on me and make myself happy. i don't want to be in a relationship right now' wut.

after much prodding she revealed she had been talking to another guy for a month. so as much as you can't believe it, it's probably fucking true. she just doesn't want to hurt you so she told you that bs
>>
>>18005280
Fuck hoes. In bulk. Not kidding, youll see after couple dozen of different mest-pipes
>>
>>18006288
meat*
>>
>>18005512
you and I know anon she already had the new dude but you were the last to know. OP's girl already has her next guy
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.