[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GF would leave her beta oribter alone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

File: Wait-What-Meme-11.jpg (24KB, 600x412px) Image search: [Google]
Wait-What-Meme-11.jpg
24KB, 600x412px
>GF's best guy friend (her beta orbiter) makes a conscience decision to stop hanging around GF once she started dating me
>GF asks why he doesn't come around anymore. I explain that seeing her in a relationship probably makes him uncomfortable
>GF seems to understand

>Take a look at her text messages, in the last week has sent a various number of text messages to her orbiter
>"Are you mad at me?" "I want you to come out to dinner with us." "I miss the times we'd just hangout at your place a watch movies." "I miss you."
>His only response is, "We can hangout once I find some free time."

I thought she understood that she should leave him alone, but it seems otherwise. Should I be concerned about this. It feels like my GF is orbiting her orbiter
>>
>>18005146
She's just attention whoring.
>>
>>18005155
Yeah probably.
>>
>>18005146

if youre lucky he wont realize he has the upper hand here. you are at his mercy. you are a safe bad that she already has. he is a fond memory out of her reach. that itself has power
>>
Here's a radical thought: maybe she liked being friends with him and genuinely misses him?
>>
>>18005146
She misses her orbiter why do you think women have them?

At least this one has a shred of dignity, damn tell her to have some mercy on his poor soul.
>>
Beta Bucks. Hes probably not as alpha as you, but probably makes more money I'm guessing. She knows the relationship with you won't last for some reason or another. Maybe you are just a fun thing atm, or maybe she thinks you have better options who will split the moment some presents it self.

Anyway, she just wants to make sure that bag of money is still there once you are out of the picture.
>>
>>18005178
I think most, if not all girls, have a extremely high perception of when people (dudes) are in to them or not. If OP is picking up on it, then it must have been fairly obvious that this guy friend has the hots for the GF.
Based on the fact that this guy friend no longer hangs out with her + the texts she has been sending it seems pretty clear that OP's GF misses the attention she was getting from this guy and wants to keep stringing him along. At least this guy friend seems to be doing the decent thing and backed off when she got a boyfriend. SHE is the one who keeps antagonizing him

This is why people say girls are bitches, people.
>>
>>18005199
Just because he has feelings for her doesn't mean that she doesn't want to be friends with him. Unless he's specifically told her "I'm uncomfortable and unhappy that you're in a relationship", then it's just speculation. No one knows how he's feeling but him
>>
>>18005209
Yeah except this guy's giving her excuses not to hang out with and she keeps begging him to pay attention to her

Your GF's a bit of a bitch, OP
>>
>>18005214

OP here, why would she want his attention?
>>
>>18005146
He's not a "beta orbiter", considering he wants nothing to do with her now.

He's a snake in the grass, and best believe he will be fucking your girlfriend at some point.
>>
>>18005234
And by "some point" I mean the second you fuck things up with her.
>>
>>18005234
>>18005241

Winner winner chicken dinner
>>
>>18005227
Okay, I'm a grown-ass adult woman and I hate my self a little for saying this but:

Some girls feed on male attention. It's how they assess their value as human beings. The more male attention/approval the better.
If they're getting attention from guys that means they're attractive and desirable, and for some girls that's everything.
For the record, I think most girls grow out of this around age 19-20. But, some don't. It's usually when they don't have anything else going on (like a personality or interests).
But, I am a stranger wildly speculating on the internet. I had a friend in high school who was just like this. She would literally flirt with every single guy because she liked being the center of attention and needed guys constantly telling her how great she was. She'd be jealous and backstabby with all the other girls but BFFS with all the guys and it was incredibly obvious that she just wanted them to pay attention to her. I stopped talking to her in college.
>>
>>18005258
i agree with most of this. what it boils down to is insecurity.

OP why are you reading your gf's texts by the way?
>>
>>18005258

Shes 25, should I be concerned?
>>
>>18005277
I don't know, I'm going off of three paraphrased text messages. Is that the only thing that bothers you?
>>
>>18005258
Can confirm. Had a friend like this, she would have 3 guys on standby and one she was "going to settle down with", but would basically delay committing to the one she knew she "loved" because she "wasn't done partying yet"

The inner machinations of a woman's mind when it comes to romance are pretty disgusting. It's all about cost/efficiency and assessing their own sexual value through others.

even a monogamous woman constantly gauges their own value based on their mates reaction to them.
>>
Be alpha and tell your woman that she doesn't need some orbiter's attention and that there are better things to focus on, like her relationship. Tell her this guy's validation doesn't matter, tell her she's a big girl and she can handle living without it.

I'm a chick btw and this is what I would want a man to tell me.
>>
>>18005321
His girlfriend is the orbiter.
>>
>>18005327
Also I'm a guy and that advice you just gave is fucktarded lmao
>>
>>18005234
this male friends are nothing but fucking vultures waiting penitential for the girl to throw them a bone.
>>
>>18005330
How in the hell would you know?
>>
>>18005174
Hey I'm not OP but I'm in a similar situation to the beta orbiter he's talking about. How would I even exploit this "upper hand"
>>
>>18005425
But OP sympathizes for the best friend. He wants to help his girlfriend's relationship with her best friend. He is not worried about losing the girl to the best friend. If it was me I would like to talk with the best friend.
>>
>>18005425

well you can exploit female nature if you understand the fact that women are attracted to social status in men. you have to lower the social status of the boyfriend but don't be oblivious about it. for example if the girlfriend says that her boyfriend is getting jealous of you just say "he is just jealous because he is the best he can do and he really cares about you" or say "wow he seems like he would die for you". also you can say "without you he would be lost and he would do anything for yo" this should loser his status and then you wait until they have a fight and she will run to you and you can fuck her.
>>
>>18005146
She sounds pathetic. Dump her and find a girl who's less worthless.
>>
>>18005425
You don't have the upper hand, the beta orbiter never does. She just loves attention and will string you along because you'll always be around to give her attention whenever she's single.
>>
>>18005146
>orbiter
>doesn't actually stick around your girlfriend
U r fukd m8
Get ready to be cheated on
>>
Tell her to stop talking to him. If she gets upset, tell her that you're losing respect for her. And you don't need instability.
>>
>>18005155
Attention whoring. She misses the validation.
>>
>>18005178
heres a radical thought
she can make her boyfriend her new friend

but oh no women are retarded and cant do that
>>
>>18005903
>she can make her boyfriend her new friend
and makes her old friend her new boyfriend

Sounds like what OP's gf might be trying to do
>>
>>18005234
Nit his fault that women are whore.
>>
>>18005258
You aren't and adult at all.
Mindless drone to your emotions and you need attention?
Lol you need water and food not attention
You are all whores now post tits.
>>
>>18005396
Women are gate keepers to sex
He's doing want hes supposed to not his fault shes a whore who cant keep her legs closed stop blaming men.
>>
>>18005396
Damn, that's really depressing.
>>
>>18005146
>my gf is orbiting her orbiter

my sides.
I feel ya, anon. my gf isn't doing that yet (I guess?), but her beta orbiter pisses me off.
>>
>>18005146
men are all sluts trying to fuck as much girls as possible (even each other's).
women are all sluts keeping their legs open to all men that aren't beta autists.

this board has the best advice you could ever get about anthropologic matters.
>>
>orbiters
>beta bucks
>attention whore

maybe stop thinking in memes and realise your gf is a person? maybe she actually enjoyed hanging out with him as a friend and misses him? maybe he also thought of her as a friend but due to his principles stopped hanging out with her once she had a bf?

stop thinking that everyone's out to get you you fags. this shit is what's killing relationships on both ends
>>
>>18006266
>maybe she actually enjoyed hanging out with him as a friend and misses him? maybe he also thought of her as a friend but due to his principles stopped hanging out with her once she had a bf?

My fucking sides anon! I'm about to pass out
>>
>>18005146

Right, a few things

> GF's best guy friend (her beta orbiter)
this is making an assumption of his interest in your GF. You assume he was romantically interested in her, which is fair and probable, due to him cutting ties once she started dating you. Despite this, you don't know it for a fact and you must admit to that too. Your GF doesn't seem to be certain of his intentions either.

Maybe talk to her about how she sees all of this and what she thinks his intentions were.

>GF maintaining contact

This could mean a couple of things. Attention whoring as others assumed - an unhealthy habit of equating self-worth with various forms of validation, or just putting too much stock in them.

The other option would be her genuinely valuing that friendship and missing certain aspects of it. This is why it's so important that you talk about my first point - what she makes of her 'orbiter's' previous intentions.

If she believes that he was romantically interested in her, then surely she must see his distance as a self-defence mechanism. And it's only fair to her that he does that as well. He wasn't capable of being honest about his intentions when she wasn't taken, hiding them while she's in a relationship would mean betraying her trust and yours as well. Also, it would be a disservice to his psychological health. She should respect his distance, if he decides to offer her closure by giving an explanation fine, but she can't request it. Also, if she believes that he had a romantic interest in her she shouldn't seek closure as she should already have an explanation for his distance.
>>
>>18006384
cont

If she believes there was no romantic interest on his behalf and his intentions were clear, it makes it trickier. This is unlikely to be the case, but it remains a possibility nonetheless. Him distancing himself from her without offering an explanation is a dick move if there was no covert romantic interest from his side. I get her curiosity and the need for closure as she doesn't have an explanation, but you need to make her understand that she can't force it out of him. To a certain extent she is also dealing with abandonment, but that's something she has to deal with, her former friend can't help her with that. Be there for her and explain that her self worth shouldn't rely on unsubstantiated treatments from other people.

The right thing to do is to accept the distance regardless of the cases I've presented. And you should discuss these matters with her in a calm and helpful manner.

Hope this helps
>>
>>18005209
>Just because he has feelings for her doesn't mean that she doesn't want to be friends with him
And its been made pretty clear he wants to be left alone. Sure he didn't explicitly tell her to fuck off, but neither does a woman when she says shes not feeling chemistry. At a certain point its more on you than them if you're not picking it up.

>>18005258
>For the record, I think most girls grow out of this around age 19-20. But, some don't
Understatement of the century. There's usually maybe one woman in my class, and half the time if there's two of them they'll be at each others throats.
>>
>>18006384
>>18006390
sensible post
>>
>>18006063
Reading Comprehension 0/10
>>
Lmao betas going to beta
>>
>>18005425

Beta orbiters never have the upper hand. The only power orbiters have is the ability to Contol your desire to coddle and follow her ass around. You cut all contact then1 of 3 things happen .. either you never talk to her again or she comes back on your terms.. whatever that may be. You must be OK with both outcomes.
>>
>>18006974

Or the third.. she reels your ass back in and she's regained control of the situation
>>
File: IMG_6886.jpg (38KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6886.jpg
38KB, 600x338px
>>18005178
This is 4chan

Normal responses are unacceptable!

1000 years of dungeon!
>>
>>18005396
I think it's me like he's waiting to throw her his bone.

Woooooowoooooooo!!!
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.