[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MBTI Question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

Is it technically possible to get 50% on every aspect in the 16 personality types? For example, I can't tell whether I'm an INFJ or INFP since I'm 50/50 on judgement and perception. What would it even be like to be completely evened out in every category?
>>
>>18004798
The test is stupid anyways. Everyone fills it out in the way they see themselves and not actually the way they are. If you want to know who you really are, have 10 people who know you very well take the test for you and average the results.
>>
>>18004798
Don't read too much into MBTI, and yes you can get an indecisive result. The paragraph will chide you for being wishy-washy.
>>
>>18004798
Myers Briggs is about as scientific as your astrological sign or even one of those "which Gilmore girl are you" personality quizzes. I find that the binary nature of some of those questions is one of the biggest flaws.
>>
I have found mbti to be quite legit and practical in my own experience.

Anyway, there are different branches of theory, but in general the basic idea is the four letters aren't in fact traits which determine a type, but rather denotations of a sequence of 'cognitive functions'. It's the different orders of cognitive functions are the different types (Think amino acids in gentic code. It's the same acids, but different sequences make different genes).

INFP and INFJ are similar, but also quite different. In the underlying theory, you can't really borderline as they are two quite distinct things. You're more likely to be borderline INFP and ENFP, or INFJ and ENFJ, than INFP and INFJ.

Deeper theory aside, I would recommend reading the profiles on personalitypage.com and just choosing the one that resonates with you the most.
>>
File: IMG_1291.jpg (115KB, 736x707px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1291.jpg
115KB, 736x707px
>>18005332
THIS THIS THIS

Online tests are bullshit. The letters don't mean what you think. They are a code to functions. The functions are what matter. Learn those.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSNTdSSLauQ

For example, INFJ's functions are:
1.) Introverted iNtuition (Ni)
2.) Extraverted Feeling (Fe)
3.) Introverted Thinking (Ti)
4.) Extraverted Sensing (Se)

INFP:
1.) Introverted Feeling (Fi)
2.) Extraverted INtuition (Ne)
3.) Introverted Sensing (Si)
4.) Extraverted Thinking (Te)

Completely different functions, completely different order.
>>
>>18005332

> just choosing the one that resonates with you the most

This is and always will be the inherent issue with personality quizzes, especially one with perceived scientific accuracy such as the MBTI.

>>18004806
>Everyone fills it out in the way they see themselves and not actually the way they are.

This.

Don't get me wrong, I really do wish there was something out there that could give you a play-by-play as to who one was and how they could best play their cards in life to get an optimal results, but it's not so simple.
>>
>>18004798
fuck off with your horoscope resurgent unscientific pseudo-psychology
>>
>>18005376
>you can't accurately see who you are
>but even people who know you well have their own biases and can't read your mind, so they can't accurately see either
You will never know what your personality actually is.
>>
>>18004806
That's why you don't answer straight away what it feels right but you think back to what you remember doing in similar situations
If questions are easy to answer and you don't have to pass on a few ones because you can't claim to be one way or the other then you are probably doing it wrong
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.