[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To the high IQ anon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: cat.jpg (6KB, 234x249px) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
6KB, 234x249px
You're a decent looking guy. It looks like you have clear skin, a nice face, and nice hair.

The long hair may be a turn off to a lot of girls, though. It's not quite the anathema that short hair on girls is, but you may be limiting yourself just a bit. You may want to look into getting something more stylish.

It looks like you're not fat based on your face. This isn't as big of a deal to girls as it is to guys, but it definitely helps to be skinny. If your body is not up to snuff, start lifting and go for ottermode. That will maximize your appeal to girls.

Can't tell how you dress. So long as you're not dressing completely awful, you should be attractive to some one.

In short, it doesn't appear that looks are your issue either. So we can rule out looks and we can rule out intelligence.

How is your personality? What hobbies do you have? What do you talk to people about?

How is your personal life? Do you have a job? A car? Where do you live?
>>
if you have a private messenger link then i'd like to talk to you on that; last thread was blown up by a couple of trolls.
all i have is fb and my personal email anything else is fine too
>>
>>18004759
hey sorry anon, i never talk to 4channers outside of 4chan, but if you want criticism here, i'll be happy to help. just remember i'm one person with one person's opinion though.
>>
File: IMG_20170125_220932_955.jpg (58KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170125_220932_955.jpg
58KB, 500x380px
I am very skinny, but I am strength training everyday, and eating more. I have no social life outside of school. I have no job. I am about to buy a car. My hobbies are self-teaching, contemplating about the world, and writing sometimes. I am very critical of people, lack self indulgence, have a fairly low self-esteem, and doubt everything I hear. I realize I portray myself as the usual 4chan nerd with slight austism, but I have not dug myself that deep, yet. Any insight would be graciously appreciated.
>>
>>18005454
Skinny is not necessarily bad. There are girls who are into that, though a stronger build will be attractive to more women.

Strength training everyday though? Do you go to /fit/? You need to rest at least some of the time.

Since you're in school, the lack of a job isn't that big of a deal though getting some part time job, if possible, will help you 1) meet people, 2) get some spending money (if you need it) to buy clothes, follow interests, etc, 3) be more responsible and manly.

Your hobbies need to improve, frankly. "Contemplating about the world" sounds deep, but it's not necessarily something most people can just discuss over mixed drinks. Self teaching is also suspiciously vague...what do you self teach? If you're pursuing specific subjects, then those are your hobbies, not "self teaching."

I'm not sure what you mean you "lack self indulgence"? Do you mean you don't let yourself have fun or waste time?

Being critical of people is an issue and it's likely coming through when you talk to people, even if you don't mean it to.

I don't know what your schedule is like or what you have time for, but I would advise:

1) Get 3-4 new hobbies (or continue to pursue old hobbies in a more defined way). One mental hobby, one physical hobby (lifting can count though it's a bit dull and would be preferable as a supplement), and one creative hobby. At least one of these must be social or you need a 4th hobby that's social.

So for instance, you can: play poker (mental / social assuming you do it with others), continue to lift (physical), learn guitar (creative)

Or: learn to program (mental), join a basketball team (physical / social), learn to paint (creative)

Or: build robots, go indoor rock climbing (alone), learn photoshop, get a job at a comic book store or some place where people who interest you will work

2) Watch, listen, or read something that's popular at least once a week - something that will give you some cultural cachet (cont)
>>
>>18005535
cultural cachet with the type of people who interest you. Keep an eye out for cultural phenomenons, especially if they overlap with your own interests. I used to be a big snob that wouldn't watch popular tv shows or see popular movies, but I get along with people much better now that I'll go see the occasional Marvel movie or watch Game of Thrones and such.

3) Start asking people questions about themselves. Try everyday to ask someone a question about their family, interests, etc. Don't pry. FORCE YOURSELF TO BE INTERESTED OR AT LEAST PRETEND TO BE. Try to find that common ground. Eventually you'll start to learn empathy and won't think so badly about people.

Start thinking about the type of person you want to be, anon. Write down a list of adjectives if that helps you and figure out how to become what those adjectives describe.
>>
>>18005549
Thank you so much. Many people on this board in particular are very unhelpful, and or downright anit-sympathetic.
>>
>>18005556
No problem. It comes with being older. I have no desire to sit around and call people faggots. Not anymore, anyway.

I do hope this helps and gives you some idea of what you want to do going forward. Keep in mind that something is better than nothing so even if you're not able to do all of it, don't use that as an excuse to not do any of it.
>>
File: wallhaven-340616.png (352KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-340616.png
352KB, 3840x2160px
>>18005535
This helped for me as well. Have been lifting for three years at my adolescence, fixed my fucked up posture, developed shoulders, results, shit like that. Went pretty dedicated about this.

I don't think I am physically unattractive. Grooming, showering, shaving, etc. I am inner unattractive, snob, very pessimistic about my future, judgemental and whiny. Ballast. No redeemable qualities. I repel people, a man made of teflon, nobody does stick to me, yet I stick to nobody. People contact me, though, but only if asking for help. I refuse to admit I have troubles with socializing and maintaining my life afloat, vegetable if called so, but somewhere deep inside of me I feel this is what I want. I enjoy self-deprecation.
>>
File: 14644768803970.jpg (87KB, 480x476px) Image search: [Google]
14644768803970.jpg
87KB, 480x476px
>>18005613
Mostly if I speak with somebody we share stories of hanging around with friends, I usually recall stories from my childhood, like how I collected eggs from time to time, found a rabbit once, swam with frogs in lake. Most of my childhood was spent in rural area, outskirts, so I have got a lot to share.

Speaking about hobbies, perhaps, I don't have one. Occasionally programming, but my skills are nothing compared to my peers. What I noticed that I escape into fantasies every day, dance mind-numbingly listening to music very loudly for few hours per day. I start to going down into fantasy about being successful, cherished, approved, or something like this. It feels like a drug, it feels I am addicted to that, it kind of makes me happy, but then I almost breaking down realizing this is not true. Just feeling lost.
>>
>>18005680
I have maladaptive daydreaming too. I try to use it more as a tool than an obstacle, though success varies. Shit is rough.
>>
>>18004750
How is OP giving advice or asking for advice? It sounds like a letter you'd write to a personal friend.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.