[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Medical help needed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: IMAG0369.jpg (2MB, 2624x4672px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0369.jpg
2MB, 2624x4672px
I lost my temper 2 days ago and put my hand through a car window.

My hand is pretty fucked up, but for the most part it's all healing okay, except for pic related.
The deeper cut (lower thumb) is the worst cut out of all of them, but it's bleeding constantly at a VERY slow rate and it doesn't seem to be stopping.

I've salt watered it, cleaned with antiseptic and iodine spray. Patched it up with gauze and bandages, kept pressure on it and kept it still as much as possible.

The skin around the cut looks like its beginning to heal, but it is still bleeding ever so slightly out of the deepest part.
So what is wrong here? Have I caught a vein? Can anyone help?
>>
Just go to the hospital
>>
>>18004585
You need stitches, dumbass.
Got any super glue?
>>
>>18004585
I doctor would probably stitch it up.
>>
>>18004585

The rule of thumb is to put pressure on a cut for 15 minutes, which it sounds like you have. If the cut is still bleeding it absolutely needs stitches put in by a doctor.
>>
lol you dumbass, go to the ER or superglue it
>>
>>18004585
That definitely needs closure. I would try butterfly strips (Walgreens), because your dumb ass is likely to superglue dirt in there. Rinse the wound with saline, clean the surface with some iodine solution, then close it and tape it over with the butterfly strips. I would then cover those with some neosporin-impregnated gauze and tape the whole thing over.

Alternatively you could go to urgent care and have them close it for you and not worry about fucking up and losing your hand, but something tells me you're not going to do that because you're asking 4chan for medical advice.

Work on your temper. That shit is gonna get you put in jail (or worse) some day.
>>
DO NOT SUPERGLUE THAT!!!

Nursing Major. They do have a "dermaglue" that is an alternate to stitches, but for the love of god if you realllllly think you need medical attention don't use superglue! If you start feeling the effects of blood loss (dizziness, excessive tiredness, etc.) go to the hospital. You should be able to control your blood loss with pressure after an amount of time.. how long has it been?
>>
>>18004585
Take out a needle and thread: time to stitch it up.
>>
Dude you need stitches. What the fuck?
>>
>>18004585
you should have gotten stitches 2 days ago

http://woundcaresociety.org/how-to-treat-a-deep-cut-without-stitches
>>
That is infected. You need antibiotics.
>>
Was it at least a cool punch?
>>
>>18004585
A wound that deep and wide will never heal without stitches. You can't bridge that gap without more skin, or stitches. You can't get more skin, so you need stitches.

Stop being a dumbass and go get them.
>>
>>18004585
rub some dirt in it and post pictures when you lose the thumb
>>
File: 5042805692.jpg (618KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
5042805692.jpg
618KB, 300x300px
If you want the scars to disappear, stick a small piece of natural aloe in and over the scars, then bandage them. Or you can simply use neosporin without pic related.
>>
>>18005361
only the aloe gel, not the green part.
>>
>>18005361
with* pic related, sorry
>>
>>18004585
Yeah, early stages of infection. Nip it in the bud and go see a doctor. Otherwise, be prepared to lose your entire hand to nerve gas
>>
>>18005361
make sure to clean the wound with water and hydrogen peroxide.
>>
>>18005305
Kek
>>
>>18004585
there are two scenarios here

>it needs and/or needed to be stitched, and now you have an uglier scar than necessary, although who cares about scars
>it needs and/or needed to blue glued, but now its open to be infected
>>
It's way too late for stitches. But you'll be okay, I've cut myself way worse and not gotten stitches, just have some huge ugly scars now. Probably best to go to the doctor or one of those urgent care places just in case it's infected.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.