[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lucid Dreaming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: luciddream-article.jpg (241KB, 1024x663px) Image search: [Google]
luciddream-article.jpg
241KB, 1024x663px
I've always been fascinated by lucid dreams but I've never had one, any advice?
>>
>>18004106
It won't give you free vr, but it is a cool in between being awake and being asleep.

Really odd feeling.

Well the easiest way to do it is think sbout it a lot and keep a dream journal. That's basically a shotgun approach as the more (oh and do reality checks like counting your fingers offen) you think about it the more likely you are to dream about it.

Wild is a ton of fun though. It's basically hallucinating without drugs. Really hard to do right and scary as hell if you let it be.
>>
>>18004106
Try this during the weekend, it worked for me
Go to sleep at around 5pm and set an alarm for 9pm
When you wake up go to sleep around 30-60min
I don't guarantee it works for you but it wotked for me several times and I discovered it by accident
Now if you do manage to lucid dream it will feel sort of like real life but everything will have that dream haziness to it
Also the dream will still be subject to randomness like regular dreams, lucid dreams can not be controlled
A good way to check if you're dreaming is to firce yourself to open a door in a dream, since you know what to expect in real life but not inside a dream
>>
>>18004523
one problem tho, I find it really hard to sleep in the day
>>
>>18004106
Sorry OP, but lucid dreaming is fake. Lucid dreaming is merely the belief that you have control in the dream. In reality the dream is just playing itself as it normally would, but you are convinced that the actions taken are entirely your own. It's just bullshit false attribution
>>
>>18004106
I've had a few. I went through a stretch of having only lucid dreams for a while too. I know people talk about looking for cues while you're dreaming like clocks and lightswitches but I can't really do that.

I found that the ideal way for me to lucid dream was to take a nap, rather than go to sleep for the night. It often helped if I had a tshirt tied around my eyes (the way I do sometimes to keep the sun out), something about having something physical on your sleeping body that isn't on your dream body seems to help you realize it's a dream. I would basically lie down and try and visualize things on the inside of my eyelids, try and draw a scene until I was actually in one. Eventually I'd feel like I was asleep with a paralyzed body but that my mind was awake and could stand up and walk around. That's the only way it's worked for me.

Usually I'd get too freaked out that I was actually awake and so I'd wake myself up before doing anything cool. Metaphor for my life maybe.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.