[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Saving money - Did i fuck up?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Saving.jpg (44KB, 984x554px) Image search: [Google]
Saving.jpg
44KB, 984x554px
I recently decided to put all my money into a 3.2% high-interest account (25k DOL/20k EUR).
So you might ask: "why would this be a negative thing?".
Well, the twist is: I can't withdraw the money if i'm not using them to BUY a house/pay down a house, i can use it as equity so i need to loan less.
I knew about this before i deposited the money, but i don't really need money really soon. So i decided to put it all in the 3.2% account because i'm going to buy a house later anyways.

Important
* When i use any of the money from the account (on buying a residential), the interest with stop adding up.
* I will keep getting interest until the year i'm 33 yrs old. (Or until i use some of the money).

Additional notes:
I'm 19 years old
I live in Norway
No plan of moving out until the age of about 25.
I'm currently working, so it's not like i'm in a crisis right away.
Currently no drivers licence but i'm still getting salary each month, so i can afford it.
I'm having a decent releationship with my mom, she will let me stay home until i'm 25-27 if i want.

Main question is if i should:
A: Keep filling the interest account until its fully maxed out? It can hold a total of 72K DOL/67K EUR.
B: Continue saving for emergency fund + saving for general things.
>>
You're fucking up in that you're asking 4chan for monetary advice instead of going to somebody who can professionally advise your situation
>>
>>18003635
I can get free advice from my bank, but i guess they would tell me it's nothing to worry about, they don't wan't me to succeed, or do they?
>>
I don't see the problem here
but I know shit about this topic also
>>
>>18003629
That's not a bad investment. 25 year old you will thank you.

However if you want something short term look into Direct investing
>>
>>18003629
Financial analyst here (believe it or not). You have to understand OP that investing is all about achieving some financial goal. Without know what your goal is (saving for house, saving for retirement, funding education, etc.) I can't give you great financial advice. However, there are some things in your situation, without knowing your goals, that can help me steer you in the right direction. For example:

>19 years old
>living with parents until 25, so reduced living expenses
>currently has a job

Based on this, your have a 6 year time frame until the next stage in your investing life cycle, with what sounds like medium (potentially high) ability to take risk. After the 6 years, should your job adequately cover all of your living expenses when your move it (you would have a better estimate than I would), then this might not be an appropriate investment, as you could take more risk than this and thus earn a higher return.

Give me your financial goals and I can provide you with more advice
>>
>>18003629
3.2% is less than inflation lol.
>>
File: 1480706762557.gif (2MB, 250x140px) Image search: [Google]
1480706762557.gif
2MB, 250x140px
>>18003629
You have enough money where it would be best if you talked to a financial advisor and started looking long term.
>>
>>18003801
>talked to a financial advisor

My fucking sides. Enjoy them skimming away 25% of your gains and trying to sell you products that will generate them the most in fees
>>
>>18003746
what textbooks do you recommend for beginner finance/CPA study
>>
>>18003786
Its the best they offer, better than nothing right?
>>
>>18003862
Generally any of the textbooks from the major book publishers are good. As a beginner, a path to learning about finance/CPA would be to:

1) Learn the basics of Microeconomics (supply and demand model, division of labor, production frontiers, externalities)
2) Learn the basics of Macroeconomics (how currencies work, how Central banks work, how fiscal and monetary policy works, how inflation works)
3) Learn basic Financial accounting (the financial statements and how they are created)

From here you can start specializing. For example, you can specialize in:
- Financial or Tax accounting (such as through CPA)
- Corporate finance (for people and want to work as financial decision makes for large companies
- Investment management (where I specialized into; includes stock and bond investing, etc.)

I remember the authors I used for micro and macro econ where Hubbard and O'Brian. Their books were pretty good.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.