[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just got fired a day ago from my first real job. I was only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: adsfk;oieafd.jpg (27KB, 550x535px) Image search: [Google]
adsfk;oieafd.jpg
27KB, 550x535px
I just got fired a day ago from my first real job. I was only there for a month. I know I should start applying to other places ASAP but I'm afraid that they'll look at my experience and reject me. What the fuck should I do?
>>
Don't put it on your resume.
>>
>>18003471
are you like some 16yo who got fired from McDonald's
>>
>>18003471
You should apply for other work, but never admit to any employer that you were fired from a job.
>>
>>18003471
Why were you fired in the first place
>>
>>18003510
probs smoking weed
>>
>>18003507
So >>18003480 ?

>>18003510
I have no real idea. I mean, when I first started (retail btw), I found out that I was doing my job wrongly. But then I figured out exactly what I was supposed to be doing and significantly improved. I kept my department clean at all times.

I'm also really socially awkward and a few of the co-workers didn't really like me much so I think that may have to do with it as well.
>>
>>18003522
Add it to your resume, having experience will always give you an edge over others to get through the rigorous initial filter.
When asked about your previous work, be honest, especially if you are socially awkward dude who sucks at lying.

Explain that they never clarified why they let you go. That you were happy and improving, but struggled a bit when interacting with your coworkers because you are a bit shy.

Unless the work you are applying for requires teamwork and/or a lot of social interaction, it shouldn't hinder your chances that much.

And just remember the basics. clean yourself, pick up good clothes and always look directly into the eyes of the person who's interviewing you
>>
>>18003555
>Add it to your resume, having experience will always give you an edge over others to get through the rigorous initial filter.
>When asked about your previous work, be honest, especially if you are socially awkward dude who sucks at lying.
>Explain that they never clarified why they let you go. That you were happy and improving, but struggled a bit when interacting with your coworkers because you are a bit shy.
>Unless the work you are applying for requires teamwork and/or a lot of social interaction, it shouldn't hinder your chances that much.
Thanks a bunch, anon. This all sounds pretty good to me.

>And just remember the basics. clean yourself, pick up good clothes and always look directly into the eyes of the person who's interviewing you
The funny part about that is, this is exactly what I always do when I go in for interviews but I fail 95% of them anyway.
>>
Sometimes too much eye contact is bad. People think its imtimadiating(sp). So break up you glaze. I was giving the chance to give notice at walmart, gave it, mfr said he would do the paperwork, then fired me for no show 3 weeks later. Im telling my next worker that I quit due to lack of hours.
>>
>>18004043
>Sometimes too much eye contact is bad. People think its imtimadiating(sp). So break up you glaze.
This is what I do as well but I still can't ever seem to secure a position most of the time.

I'm filling out job applications now. I feel more confident in knowing that these places might consider me a bit more now that I've had more experience and a job that I'd been working at recently.

It's kinda bullshit that I got fired, though. Honestly, though I hated some of the people there, getting paid kinda made it all worthwhile. I don't want to go back to being a NEET.
>>
>>18003555
>That you were happy and improving, but struggled a bit when interacting with your coworkers because you are a bit shy.
>Unless the work you are applying for requires teamwork and/or a lot of social interaction, it shouldn't hinder your chances that much.
No one is going to hire someone who admits they have a problem working with other people, even if the job isn't heavily dependent on teamwork or social interaction. OP putting this on his resume is going to hurt him more than it helps.
>>
>>18004233
>I feel more confident in knowing that these places might consider me a bit more now that I've had more experience and a job that I'd been working at recently.
But you were also *fired*. That little work experience is worthless the second you say you were let go. It's a huge red flag to potential employers
>>
>>18004262
>No one is going to hire someone who admits they have a problem working with other people, even if the job isn't heavily dependent on teamwork or social interaction. OP putting this on his resume is going to hurt him more than it helps.
But working with other people isn't the problem. I can work with others just fine, it's just that I don't really socialize with any of them.

>>18004268
>But you were also *fired*. That little work experience is worthless the second you say you were let go. It's a huge red flag to potential employers
Wh-what should I say, then?
>>
>>18004296
>But working with other people isn't the problem. I can work with others just fine, it's just that I don't really socialize with any of them.
That explanation comes across as "I can't get along with other people" or "I'm not a team player. There is no way of dressing this up positively

>Wh-what should I say, then?
Don't put it on your resume. Look at it from an employer's perspective. Who are you going to hire, someone who has no work history and a chance of doing well in the job, or someone who has a work history where they were fired after a month of working somewhere? The only circumstance where a month at a job can be not-bad is where it's a seasonal job.
>>
>>18004324
But people NEVER hire anyone without any work history my age. I'm basically screwed either fucking way.
>>
>>18004338
So you think the fact that you couldn't even hold down your only job for a mere month is going to make you look better? And what happens when they ask for references and you can't give them?
>>
>>18004394
So I just start all over then?
>>
>>18004405
Yes. There are absolutely no benefits that outweigh the costs if you put it on your resume.
>>
>>18004409
Most places ask for at least 1-2 years of experience for whatever though.
>>
>>18003471
Lie.
>>
>>18004423
You don't have that even if you do leave it on your resume. What jobs are you applying for?
>>
>>18004438
Entry-level retail jobs, anon.
>>
OP here. I have a question. If I'm let go before the initial 90-day probationary period is over, does that mean I can take it up with management or something?
>>
>>18004768
The 90 day probation is so they can let you go without having to give a reason.

Just do what I do when I roll into an interview. Sit straight, hands resting on knees (no awkward fiddlesticks or crossed arms) and completely lie about everything. Lie about how you are a team player, excellent communicator, easy to adapt to new environments and how you are definitely always on time. Then be a shining star until the probation period is over and start stealing as much stuff as possible.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.