[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How Do I Stop Caring What People Think Of Me?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: fSSh7df.png (80KB, 500x421px) Image search: [Google]
fSSh7df.png
80KB, 500x421px
How Do I Stop Caring What People Think Of Me?
>>
There are 7 billion people in the world. Do you care what they all think?

I don't really care what my Dad thinks about me, but I care a lot what my Grandparents think about me, and a handful of friends too.

You NEED to care about what SOME people think of you, but you need to educate yourself on who you want to appeal to and why. Normally you can think about shit like VALUES.

An example; one of my friends is always very negative about my professional life and financial situation. Now, I used to get upset about this. But then I thought about it- I'm out here doing my shit, keeping my head up with whatever the fuck I have, while she's had an incredibly lucky life with a hyper supportive family. I realised that she has literally no baring on what I've been through, and indeed what my life has been like- so it's easy for her to sit there and make comments about me not earning enough or being too free. Ultimately, I don't really care because she's completely ignorant of me as a human being.
>>
>>18002988
You'll never stop caring what others think of you, that's just not how humans work.

What you need to consider is that people don't think about you that much really man. I'm guessing you think people will care about all the little things you do, you probably have anxiety? But guess what most people don't care man.
>>
>>18002988
Good question.

You always care up to a point what people say, but you need to find some place within yourself where you feel loved or content no matter what. A lot of people meditate, I tend to go to a church and just sit there, thinking that at least God loves me, if nobody else.

If people are constantly negative about you, leave them though.
If you listen to your own thoughts and you are constantly criticising yourself you need to try and counteract these thoughts, or not think them too much, or think positive things about yourself. Sometimes the opinions of people are very painful because they resonate with stuff you already tell yourself.
>>
>>18002988
You really need to end your desire to appease everyone, and just do your own thing

some people will dislike you simply because "everyone seems to like you" and they hate that

bottom line people will think what they want and that's out of your control, so you need to stop obsessing over that. Like other anons mentioned you should only care about the opinions of people you really care about

if your coworker thinks you're a self absorbed narcissist that's their opinion.

if your father thinks you're pompous you might want to reevaluate the way you carry yourself
>>
We might all have unique traits that makes us more or less attractive to ourselves or others, but it's all temporary and it deteriorates over time. We all end up as a fucked up skeleton or pile of ash. Push yourself to be the best you that you can be and know that anything beyond that is out of your hands. Remind yourself daily that you have limited time to enjoy your life and you won't let something so insignificant stop you. Know that feelings are things you control and if you take a moment to dissect a negative thought you can stop it from hurting you. Try some meditation and keep working on self improvement.

There will always be people out there that will help you anon.
>>
>>18003038
Good advice right here.

Everyone thinks about this kind of stuff OP. We wouldn't do have of the things we do in social settings if we really didn't care what anyone else thought. You just have to realize that for the most part, everyone is extremely fucked up and more concerned about how fucked up they are instead of how fucked up you are. A big percent of what you do will go unnoticed to most people.
>>
I care too much about what people think, but also I think I'm paranoid. I always question people's motives. I always question the things people say to me, and if they really mean it (especially if it's something positive). I always imagine friends or acquaintances talking bad about me when they're together and I'm not around. Sometimes I feel like they don't actually like me.
>>
>>18003573
I've been there man, I know it's not a fun place. One thing that helped me get over it was thinking like this: even if they are pretending to like me and are talking shit about me behind my back, I'm still getting the benefits of their friendships. They still hang out with me and make jokes with me and give me good vibes when I'm around, so at worst they're wasting their own time and at best I'm able to give joy to other peoples' lives. Their intentions are irrelevant so long as I'm having a good time.
>>
That's easy. All you have to do is start having more positive social experiences to reinforce your confidence and make you feel more comfortable being yourself slowly over time.

And then eventually you feel like you can get along with anyone so you feel like even if they are thinking anything bad they'll quickly stop giving a shit once they get to know you better. And once you realize everybody would feel this way about you if they knew you better you will not give a single fuck anymore
>>
dont be kind to people that are rude to you
some people are dicks for reasons well out of your control so theres no reason to care
if somone is being disrespectful then be stern with them, sometimes they realise they are in the wrong and will come around but learn to enjoy sticking up for yourself
>>
>>18002988
embrace apathy an be free, my son
>>
>>18003573
I know that feeling, and it comes from past experiences of trusting people, only to have them come back and tell me that I'm a bad person and no one will ever like me. Now, I just try to avoid most people, or if I get a compliment, I just say thanks but I don't believe them. I have zero friends and sometimes, I miss hanging out with people, but I feel so much better doing what I want to and not worrying about if I look retarded.
>>
Most are people you'll never see again, so who cares what they think. Also consider this: when you're older and close to death, do you think you'll regret not worrying more about other people's opinion of you?

You're the one that gets to decide your own personal narrative. You decide what's true about you, your life, and your actions. Acting in any other way that isn't honest is just pure compromise
>>
>>18003765
I have the same issue as OP because I'm a paranoid mess, but when I'm older and closer to death I'm going to be too busy wanting it to finally be over than to regret anything.
>>
By not asking this question in the first place.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.