[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

car scratch advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: BL.jpg (77KB, 987x543px) Image search: [Google]
BL.jpg
77KB, 987x543px
so, i have been really anxious lately, and the other day while driving my dog back from the kennel I hit a guys mailbox in our development. my side mirror fell off, and i told him and offered to pay for repairs. it was bad but he was really nice about it. however, just a few days later, i was pulling into a parallel parking spot at school (college) and i scratched a blue car. there was a car behind me but no one saw me out on the sidewalk or anything. this is a jackass move, but i just panicked and felt nervous and terrible, so i just made a turn and drove away. now, i feel really guilty about it, but i didn't want to tell my parents that i had damaged someone's car just a few days after hitting off my side mirror. i have been driving for a few years now and haven't had any other accidents, so i don't know why this is all happening now. what should i do? i think the best course of action is to just leave my information in their windshield if i see their car again. it wasn't anything serious, but i did notice that i scratched off some of their paint (not a lot) that ended up on my car. this is killing me to the point that i can't sleep, i feel like such a shitty person, but I don't have any money of my own and i feel so guilty telling my parents again that i hit someone's car
>>
>>18002652
Man up, and admit your fault. You feeling guilty is a good thing actually, having a moral sense like yours is rare nowadays. But if you get over it and hide it, you'll weaken it. So OP, do the right

thing, and admit your faults.
Or if you have enough time you could find a part-time job so you can pay him back yourself.
>>
>>18002663
thanks for responding, i know you are right, admitting mistakes is part of growing up. i just hope i see that car again/remember which one it is.
>>
Why do you think you're having these car incidents? Are you distracted, angry, tired, or depressed?
>>
>>18002652
>shitty female driver commits hit and run

wew lad civil rights were a mistake
>>
>>18002743
i think it's just anxiety and getting distracted. i never multitask while driving (go on my phone, change music etc).
>>
>>18002759
I've been driving for a year, for the first 6 months, no problems. I drove all over the place, thousands of miles of commuting. In the past 2-3 months, I've been making a couple of rookie mistakes, like forgetting right of way at a four-way stop or not leaving enough stopping distance, and getting in close calls.

So yeah, I guess, you can say, that I'm going through a similar thing. Sometimes you just had bad luck. And sometimes, maybe there's something else at play, like you said, anxiety. I'm also really anxious. All I can tell you, is that you just have to relax in the car, put whatever music you like, focus, and clear your head of negativity. As soon as you start ruminating on something in your life, think, 'wait. I'm driving, and I can't get distracted right now' and get your focus back. If you need more practice, then consider going to a parking lot and practice parking and make turns in close corners, back out, whatever. Maybe you need better spatial awareness, which again, you need to practice on to get better.

So yeah, man (or girl), you can overcome your driving anxiety. Just keep at it, and think positive. Oh and next time, please leave a note with your info. It's a shitty move to hit and run, cause not everyone has rich man's insurance or low deductibles, so the body work comes out of THEIR pocket. You wouldn't want that done to you. So it's a golden rule thing.
>>
>>18002765
>So yeah, man (or girl), you can overcome your driving anxiety. Just keep at it, and think positive. Oh and next time, please leave a note with your info. It's a shitty move to hit and run, cause not everyone has rich man's insurance or low deductibles, so the body work comes out of THEIR pocket. You wouldn't want that done to you. So it's a golden rule thing.
yeah, that was a dick move just ducking off like that, I just got overcome by nervousness and left and realized how fucking awful that was to do. i gotta take responsibility for the shit that I do.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.