[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guitar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 0128172248.jpg (447KB, 1600x896px) Image search: [Google]
0128172248.jpg
447KB, 1600x896px
Okay so I want to play guitar and sing in a band for the majority of my 20's. I play every fuckin day BUT when I record my songs on my phone/iPad the melody and bass sounds all jumbled up. How do I apply rhythmic bass and melody on a guitar that flows ? ( I wanna play music like the melvins and the wytches) . where should I start? Help!
>>
There are schools for music. Do you fucking think there are rockstars on 4chan or some shit dumbass?
>>
>>18002362
You don't need school for music when YouTube has 3 hour long videos of music theory. I suggest learning all you can about composition and music theory as well as listening to bands that inspired the bands that inspired you. Just have fun OP, that's what making music is all about.
>>
Yeah all the greats watched fucking YouTube videos to learn how to play music.
>>
>>18002375
https://youtu.be/jK-jr2AkMQ4

There, you literally just took a college course without paying for it. You even had the experience of having dumb bitch who thought the class would be easy. Stay salty while you pay off those college loans.
>>
>>18002362

>tfw no curly haird qt boi to play me guitar after a long day at work

just kill me
>>
>>18002362
What do you mean by "sounds all jumbled up?"
Do they sound terrible together?
>>
Make sure you are playing at the right tempo. (dont play the bass part to fast and vice versa. Use a metronome if you are having troubles)
Record both separate and use audacity to line them up. Do a simple 1,2,3 before you start so its easier to line them up.
Also maybe invest in a mic.
>>
>>18002396
Faggot.
>>
>>18002366
I wouldn't be surprised if so
>>
>>18002362
Your issue most likely lies in the mixdown of the two tracks. It's a common beginners mistake with sound engineering. What is happening is that both tracks occupy and dominate the same frequency range and end up competing instead of complementing each other. EQ each track separately, keeping the bass deep with your guitar more mid-range. Whichever instrument has the lead gets slightly more of the trebble.

PS: you'd be suprised at how little bass you actually need on a guitar track. The needed range of the guitar is suprisingly small.

Also, individual multiband compression helps, BUT DON'T OVERUSE IT
>>
>>18002366
Taylor swift comes on here from time to time.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.