[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Longing for ex-gf

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1114834.jpg (82KB, 680x453px) Image search: [Google]
1114834.jpg
82KB, 680x453px
>Be me
>23
>Got dumped by gf of 4 years last June
>Still haven't gotten over her
>We talked about working things out for a few months after we split
>found out she had rebound boyfriend
>Told her I hope things work out with him and wished her the best
>She gets upset because she finds out I had sex with her friend the same week we first had sex
>we weren't dating at that point, told her it wasn't cheating and that I chose her
>told her she has a new boyfriend and it's strange that she is hurt when she has someone new
>She dumps him almost immediately
>Went no contact
>Next week will be three months of no contact. Haven't spoken once since early November
>She recently started tweeting about me.
>I miss you, I want you, I know you, etc.
>Confirmed from friends that she is feeling depressed and misses me
>She hasn't contacted me

Is it okay if I just send her a "hey" text or something to test the waters? It would be cool to see her again, but I'm not sure if that would lower or increase my chances. Some people told me "what do you have to lose? Just say hey how's everything." and some people have told me "let her come to you. It may take a while, it may never happen, but you shouldn't contact her."

So...stick with no contact or say "fuck it" and shoot her a casual text? Thanks.
>>
File: IMG_0402.jpg (292KB, 638x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0402.jpg
292KB, 638x480px
Bump
>>
Stick with no contact. General rule of thumb is keep no contact for half the amount of time your relationship was
>>
>>18001874

So don't message her for two years?
>>
That break up sounds quite messy. Why did she dump you OP? It's obvious she loved you.
>>
>>18002091

She dumped me because I was focusing on my career and wasn't investing much effort into the relationship. Literally a week after she dumped me I got a huge promotion and life has been great since, if only she had waited a bit longer.

I know she still loves me but I think she's too stressed with work and school to contact me right now. I'm not sure if at the three month point of no contact is it okay to reach out and say "hey."

Half of me says stick with no contact, half of me says send a text.
>>
>>18001750
No contact lasts 1-3 months. You're walking the border my friend. I've done this before and yes, it works. So text her but don't go full retard. Just a simple "hey, just passed by the place we had our first date. Remember how awkward but funny it was?" or any shit that won't scream out "I miss you" but will serve as a reminder about how cool things were back then.

Just don't initiate full scale conversation. Dont text back straight away and don't send more than 8-10 messages a day until you have couple dates with her under your belt. And don't text "I love you" or "I miss you". That shit has its own time and place and its not now.
>>
>>18002255
I've heard this and it's what my intuition and your dubs or telling me to do.

But I've heard other people say that if you were the one that got dumped then you should never be initiate contact and just wait for them to contact you, any input on that?
>>
>>18002280
It's not who dumped who first. It's always about the reason why someone got dumped in the first place. As far as I understand she had all the reasons to dump you and it was your fault. Start making up for your own mistakes.
>>
>>18002297
So what kind of text should I send and when? No contact started November 4th
>>
>>18002221
She should have supported you.
>>
>>18002307
She was but she was stressed and depressed.

So, contact her soon or let her contact me?
>>
>>18002339
just text her, you know she'll smile reading it. Don't follow dumb rules, do what you feel it's right for you.
>>
>>18002589
This. Close the thread OP, it'll go fine.
>>
>>18002642
>>18002589

that's what I'm saying, though. I'm 50/50 split on what feels right.

Texting her feels right, because she hasn't contacted me, but I've already overpursued after the breakup. We stayed in contact and I asked her to meet up twice on separate occasions. She accepted but backed out at the last second both times.

Isn't it bad to ask her out a third time? Wouldn't walking away at this point be best? She knows I want to see her, so shouldn't I just give her time and space to come back on her own?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.