[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I fix narcissism?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1485009625574.jpg (40KB, 361x361px) Image search: [Google]
1485009625574.jpg
40KB, 361x361px
How do I fix narcissism?
>>
>>18001630
you don't, you get out of there
>>
>>18001630

Yours? Go to therapy. A professional can help you become what you want.
>>
>>18001630
You're on 4chan, which means you don't really love yourself that much, stop lying to yourself
>>
>>18001630
Depends. If you consider yourself to be a realist, then you might just be an interesting person in your eyes. Nothing wrong with that if you have an actual basis to base it on.

I'd say try to get friends who are like-minded. I know I feel more happy and I become less narcissistic when I'm around them.
>>
>>18001634
>imfuckingplying a professional wants to deal with PDs

A narcissist is the last thing any therapist wants in their practice. They're impossible to treat! Pills don't work! Behavioral therapy doesn't work! A narcissist in the therapist's practice is a recipe for disaster. The narcissist learns to exploit the therapist emotionally and transference is inevitable.

A fancy degree doesn't allow you to reshape human personality from the ground up. Most psychs I know won't even accept known PDs aside from borderline as they're just a clusterfuck to deal with in practice.
>>
File: 1479329957260.jpg (9KB, 242x250px) Image search: [Google]
1479329957260.jpg
9KB, 242x250px
Don't.

If you're an assertive narcissist you should be happy.

I'm more of a turbulent one and my life is a fucking hell, my ambitions and perfect image of myself ruin everything I try to do.
>>
>>18001707
People pick up on it sooner or later. Try cultivating empathy.

>http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/38210.The_Art_of_Happiness

This book talks a lot about feeling joy through empathy in all forms.
>>
take acid, gain perspective.
>>
>>18001630

Go volunteer somewhere. By occupying yourself with the concerns of others you may be able to reduce how narcissistic you are.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.