[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I reject a guy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 3

I started talking to a guy who I'm pretty sure is into me. I've never been both pretty and single at the same time so I'm totally new to this. I don't want to post the whole conversation because he might read this site, I don't know. But basically I said I'm having some personal problems and he says "you know what's the best for that? going out with someone you don't know well!" Aaahh I'm pretty sure that's his way of hinting he wants to hang out with me, what do I reply??? I was just being friendly, I don't like him that way. He also flatters me a lot and is super insecure. Please halp.
>>
>>18001351

Either say you are not looking for a relationship, or start minimizing contact with him. As we don't know his personality, we can't tell you which plan will work best.
>>
>>18001351
If you are direct with him he will just deny it and make you look silly.
Best to just avoid him.
>>
>>18001351
>he might read this site
>"you know what's the best for that? going out with someone you don't know well!"
>He also flatters me a lot and is super insecure

This has to be one of the most beta men in the world. OP, it's your duty to make him a beta orbiter
>>
I translated the "going out" thing from my native language, it wasn't a verb with any romantic implications if that makes sense. Just realized it might read differently in english
>>
>>18001351
Just stop talking to him. Spare him and stop wasting his time.
>>
You have to let him know that you aren't interested one way or the other as soon as possible.
I don't know this guy but don't expect him to stay friends or treat you the same afterwards. That's just the way it gotta be, no way of getting around it.

And please don't just ignore him, that hurts more than you think.
>>
>>18001374
He's part of a group I'd like to be on good terms with, forgot to mention that.
>>
>>18001376

To be fair, we guys can make it a pain in the ass to try and convince us otherwise. I admit getting ignored taught me about being a persistent little asshole.

I do agree it shouldn't be Plan A, but sometimes it's necessary.
>>
>>18001376
>And please don't just ignore him, that hurts more than you think.

Ugh I know! I just don't know what to say to him.
>>
>>18001378
How do you know that after 1 date you won't start developing feelings for him? For example, ever watch the first episode of a show and thought you wouldn't like it, but after the second and third episode you were totally hooked?
>>
>>18001351
"I would like you to know that i only see you as a friend. Please don't take it the wrong way. there is nothing wrong with you, you're just not for me"
Dont leave him hanging. Tell him the truth, otherwise you'll make him try harder or build up his desire.
>>
>>18001378
"good terms" is not an option now.
Accept that he won't be your friend after you reject him.
>>
>>18001385
>How do you know that after 1 date you won't start developing feelings for him?

That's no reason to lead him on. If he didn't make a good enough impression before asking her out, it's his fault.
>>
>>18001385
male anon here, Attraction doesn't work like that, sorry to break it to you.

>>18001387
Better yet, tell him:
"I am not attracted to you"
and that's it.
>>
>>18001381
If you're certain that he's into you, just tell him how you feel.

You can't help that you're not in love with him and he can't help that he's in love with you.
It's all natural.
>>
>>18001387
This would work if he had asked me explicitly on a date. He just drops these hints that could be interpreted as anything. Like >>18001362 said

>>18001385
Like I said, he's very insecure and that's a big no for me. I dated an insecure guy before and it was exhausting. And from what I talked with him I don't really see myself liking him
>>
>>18001407
Insecure how? Just curious.
>>
Omfg he said something else (I left the message seen in my indecision). "A little bit too much?"
>>
>>18001407
In what way is dating an insecure guy exhausting?
>>
>>18001407
>Like I said, he's very insecure and that's a big no for me.

Just because you perceive him to be insecure, doesn't mean he is insecure. Have you ever met someone who, on your first impression, thought was a great person, but later found out they were a jerk or had many flaws?
>>
>>18001426

Not OP, blah blah.

Have you ever been friends with someone that's insecure? They want validation all the time. They are also pretty jealous, too.
>>
>>18001418
He keeps saying "sorry if I'm being pushy, sorry if I'm talking too much", etc. It's the overall vibe he gives, I can't think of any more concrete examples but I hope it makes sense. He also worries a lot about being perceived as boring
>>
File: donald trump what.jpg (34KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
donald trump what.jpg
34KB, 500x500px
>>18001351
just tell him "No" you fucking retard.

jesus christ do you have any idea how many guys wish women would just hurry the fuck up and tell them "No" rather than dragging them through a whole bunch of bullshit for the sake of being """""""""""nice"""""""""""?
>>
>>18001426
Do you love me? Do you really love me? You prefer X. You're gonna leave me for X. You'll realize you don't want to date me someday. You don't really love me. All things that my ex said to me. I had to constantly reassure him I loved him. And he was jealous of every single guy I talked to. I didn't even have any male friends, mind you. Just friends of friends. One day I laughed at a joke a guy made and he got incredibly mad. Yeah.
>>
>>18001429
>>18001426
Now you are just projecting man stop that. Being needy is not attractive at all.
>>
>>18001444
He didn't even ask me on a date, he just said going out to have fun with someone you don't know well is the best for dealing with personal problems. I'm translating from my language, his message didn't have any romantic implications.
>>
>>18001438
Ahh, gotcha. I understand that it can be annoying.
>>
>>18001464
What is the ideal scenario for you? what do you reall want to happen? I don't understand at all.
>>
>>18001456
Being needy isn't, that's true. But you don't know if he is actually needy.

If(IsNeedy) = True then Date = False.

You haven't determined of IsNeedy is equal to true yet, so why do you instantly return a false? It's shitty code is what it is
>>
>>18001464
Guys don't want to hang out with you. Women are boring as fuck and most of their guy friends want to bang them.

He just wont straight up ask for a date.
>>
File: Let Go.jpg (32KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
Let Go.jpg
32KB, 960x960px
>>18001438
Fuck, I'm so guilty of this, time to get high.
>>
>>18001351
Why not just reject him then, you stupid cunt? As a real nigga, I've always told ugly bitches straight up that I'm not interested.
>>
>>18001487
I wouldn't say I'm boring at all and we share a lot of interests but yeah, I guess it's like that
>>
>>18001351
be direct.
>>
>>18001351
Do not give subtle hints like most girls. Just tell him your not interested and if you wanna, keep it friendly.
>>
>>18001515
Because he's not asking me directly. I'm asking for advice on this particular situation
>>
>>18001351
WOW, Also, your pretty sure this guy is trying to get 'into you'. He may just be offering a friendly ear and your completely misinterpreting this as something more. Do not try to pick apart peoples sentences...
>>
>>18001351
Don't talk to guys you don't want to sleep with.
>>
>>18001521
You have ignored every single one of my replies. Which leads me to believe you don't want to solve this at all. You want to know if he really asked you out? Ask him. Did you just ask me out? See what happens. Fuck off cunt
>>
>>18001553
I didn't say he's trying to get into me, I said he's into me. I'm not a native speaker, did I use the wrong term? Anyway it's not just this sentence, the things he says to me and his compliments make me think that. I wouldn't mind a friendly ear at all! But I don't want to lead him on
>>
>>18001586
Sorry, there's a lot of replies! Which ones were yours?
>>
>>18001586
You were a beta orbiter for a brief moment there when you kept replying to her. How does that make you feel?
>>
This is so easy. In response to "you know what's the best for that? going out with someone you don't know well!"

You say "Yeah maybe, but I'm not looking to date right now."

Done
>>
>>18001613
Sorry I didn't mean going out as in dating! I translated from my language, it literally meant going out. I think this is why I'm getting so many "be direct" responses.
>>
>>18001626
where are you from? I sense that there's some minor cultural differences here
>>
>>18001626
Guess there's a language barrier here.
Here there isn't much of a difference between "going out" and dating.

I'm confused now.
>>
>>18001626
He still wants to date, he's just a little beta who won't say it outright

Shut him down. Tell him clearly that you don't want to date. Then stop talking to him, because otherwise he'll become a resentful "friend" waiting for you to date him.
>>
>>18001351
Say yes you fucking bitch holy shit
>>
>>18001636
Going out as in leaving the house and doing something. Sorry, should I have said hanging out? The verb literally means to go out in my language, so I guess it was a translation error. Oops.

>>18001632
South America
>>
>>18001351
Give him a fucking chance. Seriously. You're going to be 40, alone with cats because no guy was "good enough" for your inflated sense of self worth. Why are you so afraid of commitment? Why are women so afraid of commitment?

Listen, just because your dad touched you when you were little doesn't give you an excuse to fuck with guys like this. Contrary to what MTV tells you, you are NOT entitled to the mysterious stoic 6'4 rich and powerful Chad.

Be a normal person and give this guy a chance.

>is super insecure

Nobody is perfect. You guaranteed have some major flaws that everyone but yourself can see. Do you really see yourself so high above this guy?

Do not fucking reject him. Give him a shot. Give him a chance, swallow your fucking ego and go for it. You will be better off.

Stop being autistic.
>>
>>18001648
Either way, he is into you and wants to DATE you.
>>
>>18001637
This is how you fuck with a guy's head and create serial killers.

OP do not listen to this shit. Give the guy a chance and grow the fuck up.

Being pretty, single, and having a sea of dicks awaiting you might be appealing in the long term but it WILL tear you apart and you WILL be miserable in the end.

This happens to 99.9999999% of women. It happens to men who fuck around indiscriminately too.

You're looking for excuses to drop the dude instead of giving him a shot. Stop being a bitch and woman up.
>>
>>18001651
I might be geting trolled or something but I just don't like this guy! I also mentioned my experiences dating an insecure guy here >>18001452, and I'd rather be a cat lady than go through that again. I dated that guy for 4 years, I'm not afraid of commitment lol. Also my ex was shorter than me and far from a rich and powerful Chad. Stop projecting
>>
>>18001665
*might be appealing in the short term
>>
>>18001669

Such a child. Grow up.
>>
>>18001669
If you don't like him, why do you spend time with him, fuck him, and share your thoughts with him?

If you don't like him, why do you think about him?

Stop running away from your emotions. You're an adult now.
>>
Why would she go on a date with a guy she doesn't want to go on a date with? Lmfao
>>
>>18001763

Because there's a 99% chance her reasons are void of any rational thought. That's why.

It's glaringly obvious she has an entitlement attitude towards men. It is irresponsible to let this shit slide.
>>
>this is what men are trying to fuck

earth is doomed
>>
>>18001823
this
>>
>>18001665
>telling a guy directly that you're not interested makes serial killers

Lmao, should she put him in the friendzone instead, and get gifts from him?

When you're not attracted to someone, you're not attracted. Just because some hambeast begs you to date her, you don't have to "man up" and give her a chance.

You're the type of nigga that tips camgirls
>>
>>18001675
>>18001716
>>18001651
>>18001817
r9k samefag
>>
>"you know what's the best for that? going out with someone you don't know well!"

"I think some alone time to think would be better"
>>
>>18001651

Turn the autism dial down a bit, man. You only think that because you're fucking desperate and would date a fucking crazy land whale thinking "Oh, maybe she's great on the inside".
Why would you date someone you already view as "faulted"? That would never work. Your way of thinking is very immature and shows that you have near zero experience in relationships.

OP, stop buying into the idea of male-female friendship. Three words: IT DOESN'T WORK. You should already know that by now. Men don't need friendship from women.
Okay, there are some ways to make it work:

1. Befriend gay men only.
2. Being ugly.

You could get a boyfriend and also get male friends but be aware that they're talking to you either because they're beta orbiters waiting for your relathionship to come to an end so they can get your hands on you... Or they act friendly because you are their friend's girlfriend. You might be thinking that your pussy is a curse. It might be... for making real friends. I don't know. I might be wrong, but life experience suggest I'm right.

Either way, please don't force things. I'm glad you know you can do better. Tell him right away that you're not interested in him. If you don't, you might end up in unpleasant situations. Make me proud of you by dating someone you REALLY REALLY REALLY like.

> He's part of a group I'd like to be on good terms with, forgot to mention that.

Take the risk. I don't know the situation, but if you end up in bad terms because you rejected him, then this group wasn't worth it (Another evidence of male-female friendship being a shitty meme).
>>
I'm not OP, but I'm kind of having the same problem. A guy acts over familiar with me, touching me, putting his head on my shoulder, trying to flirt, asking me who I'm talking to if he sees me using my phone. I don't want to say fuck off but i also kind of want him to leave me alone. I already try to be cold towards him.

He is married, so I'm not worried about him hitting on me. If he did, i would not feel bad about telling him to fuck off.

Guys, why do you do this?
>>
>>18002558

Because he's had results doing that. Also, how do you think men get stuff? I you don't take the risk, you can't win. Also, most men don't have nothing to lose. (He's married, so that's a different story).

Ultimately, it is your fault for not being more direct.
>>
>>18002558
Maybe he's just an over-familiar kinda person. I had a coworker like that and I know for a fact she was just being friendly.

Next time he does it ask him if he's like that with everyone then tell him you're not comfortable with it after whatever answer he gives.
>>
Trata de no ser muy ruda con él cuando lo rechazes, a la gente insegura ese tipo de cosas las hiere mucho.
>>
>>18001381
"Sorry, but i'm not looking for a relationship right now."

"please don't make me repeat myself."
>>
>>18001351
This all depends on him. Is he a reasonable guy who will simply take a i'm not interested? if so do that.

This one would probably break his heart in the short term but would (maybe) get rid of him. Lie and say your hanging out with some guy you like or something. Make it clear to him that he's a friend and you pursue other guys.

The problem with this approach would be that if he's a pathetic beta type guy he might still hopelessly cling to you.
>>
It's hard to reject someone when they don't outright hit on you but if he's your friend and you get the feeling he wants to escalate you should tell him frankly that you're not interested in him like that and cut contact with him. It seems like you're trying to confide in him and for (inexperienced) guys that's taken as romantic interest because straight men don't really talk about their feelings openly with their friends the way women do.
>>
>>18001817
>you need rational reasons to reject somebody
lmaoing @your life
>>
>>18004368
>feels feelz feelz

Kys
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.