[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can losers ever become happy, confident, successful people? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1484706393920.jpg (213KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1484706393920.jpg
213KB, 1920x1080px
Can losers ever become happy, confident, successful people? I feel like the person who I used to be is always going to define who I am, no matter how hard I try to distance myself from it. Despite my efforts to improve myself I'm always going to be that poorly dressed, anime liking, socially awkward loser I was as a teenager/young adult. I see people I admire and even in their "rough years" they weren't as pathetic as I was.
>>
>>18001029
>Can losers ever become happy, confident, successful people?

Calling yourself a "loser" isn't helping anything. You are what you do. So do stuff to be happy.
>>
>>18001029
Thanks for making this thread. I spend half an hour and about 400 words trying to say something similar but it didn't make sense.

I just want to be someone else because I can't escape who I am and have been for 26 years. If I was someone else at least I would have what it takes to work up from nothing.
>>
>>18001063

As I said above, you are what you do. If you keep wallowing in regret, you'll be stuck. If you move on, you can grow.
>>
>>18001029
embrace apathy and be free, my son
>>
No of course you cannot change, not one person in history has ever changed their lot. No one has ever changed or ever will. Everyone stays exactly the same from the day they're born to the day the die.
>>
>>18001029
>>18001063

Being a 'loser' in the early part of your life is often great for character building. You may not realise it, but you've become a better person; you're able to deal with more stress, and are less swayed by what others think of you.
>>
>>18001105
What the fuck, man. You couldn't be more wrong. I'm more able to deal with stress now? Having abysmally low confidence, resilience, sticktoitiveness, and emotionally stability for 20+ years means that you now somehow have an advantage in these areas? Doesn't work that way much as I wish it did. I'm not a special person I'm just much less of a person.
>>
>>18001146

Well, I don't know you, obviously, but in general people tend to become more self sufficient and thick-skinned when they've had to deal with a crisis or 12.

Perhaps you are different and being a 'loser' has permanently weakened you, or maybe the belief that this is the case has weakened you.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.