[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the things that do not matter in life?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: Thinking-man.jpg (71KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Thinking-man.jpg
71KB, 640x480px
What are the things that do not matter in life?
>>
Girls
>>
anime.
>>
File: shitstorm.png (437KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
shitstorm.png
437KB, 600x600px
>>18000964
Virginity.

> Thread war in 3,2,1 ...
>>
>>18000964
Life
>>
File: cat1.gif (497KB, 240x169px) Image search: [Google]
cat1.gif
497KB, 240x169px
Drugs!!!!! Weed!!! Lololol
>>
>>18000964

depends on who you ask.
>>
>>18000972
Sure, except that part where sex is the only reason any of us are alive.
>>
What people on /adv/ think
>>
>>18000964
nothing inherently matters, my son
it is up to you to assign meaning to things
>>
keemstar
>>
File: mist_jane_gun21 (1).jpg (27KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
mist_jane_gun21 (1).jpg
27KB, 853x480px
>>18000964
Our lives
>>
Material possessions beyond what's necessary.
>>
>>18000964
What matters and what does not matter are entirely relative. Only individuals can properly answer this for themselves, there will not ever be a catch-all list. Though considering the similarities between everyone, there are plenty of overlaps.

Personally I believe nothing matters in life, or anything ever. "Something mattering" is a local (perspective) and irrelevant concept. However that's not a great way to live so instead I fill myself with unattainable delusions of grandeur and aim myself towards them. Even though I know they really don't matter, it's good enough to keep moving.
>>
like 95% of things
>>
>>18000964
nothing matters, time is a flat curve, we are the imagination of ourselves. You will die, everyone you know will die and in time you too will be forgotten and this itself doesn't matter either. Our atoms will return to the nothingness from once it came.
>>
To the individual everything matters. The junk I have in my catch-all drawer matters to me.
To existence itself, to truth or to the beauty that is love, to them, nothing matters. They are beyond caring for nothing. they are pure. My mind may be idealistic, but it resides in a body that is very much pragmatic, and in its vanity it cares deeply about the body that sustains and houses it. This conflict keeps it in a constant battle with itself.
>>
>>18000964
Your facebook.
>>
>>18002989
Not true.
This life here is a test by God before you enter paradise which will last forever.
>>
>>18003152
Haha the all-knowing god who needs a test when he already knows the outcome.
>>
>>18003159
God has given us free will, so He wants to see who will be worthy of heaven.
>>
File: 1481242446818.jpg (110KB, 850x398px) Image search: [Google]
1481242446818.jpg
110KB, 850x398px
>>18000974
>>18001332
>>18002618
>>18002989
this
>>
>>18003162
Hah. Fuck heaven if all we are is some foolish experiment to create life and give it free will just to test it.
>>
>>18000964
Literally everything.
>>
File: fdr.png (209KB, 332x396px) Image search: [Google]
fdr.png
209KB, 332x396px
>>18003228
>>
>>18003279
Nice meme. Doesn't mean it's not an objectively stupid idea.
>>
Nothing matters. Mattering is just a concept we made up.
inb4 more religionfags show up with cancer about god and heaven and other fake shit desert dwellers made up to give hope to their meaningless existence which turned into the biggest money making scam in the world.
>>
>>18003152
>life here is a test by God
That's heresy.

Protestantism is the worst.
>>
>Height (if you're over 5'0", male or female)
>Ethnicity (there are smart blacks and dumb asians)
>Eye color
>Hair color
>Hypersensitive SJWs
>Far-right nutcases
>Facebook
>Memes
>Mindlessly browsing the internet
>Mainstream music
>Laziness
>If you're "nice" or not
>Extreme chivalry
>People who say gamers are losers yet stare at their phone for 6 hours a day
>>
>>18000964
console wars
>>
>>18003411
But normies think I'm a creep when I say I don't have Facebook.
>>
>>18003152
Really nice bait anon. Masterful one might say.
>>
>>18003456
Lol normies always hate those who arent normies like them

I find it classy when someone outwardly rejects social media
>>
I'd say a lot of money or material possessions. Poor people won't understand this, but it's true.
>>
>>18003642
poverty is about lacking means to even live a decent life, to have access to the most basic needs.
you don't know shit about poverty.
>>
What others think about you.

Let's be honest here, life is inherently meaningless. But if you want to not be a depressed nihilist, you will have to choose to give a fuck about two or three things. What others think about you should DEFINITELY not be on that list...
>>
To crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women. Oh wait, I thought you said what is best in life.

To answer your question, I don't know it kind of depends on the person. Not many things are objectively pointless in life. There are a few but for the most part it's up to you to figure out what's worthless to your unique experience.

For me, off the top of my head, any negative emotions don't matter in life. Getting angry, upset, or frustrated is just silly.

As far as tangible things? My preference is I like things. I drive a nice car so that tells you a little bit about me.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.