[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What percentage of mental illness claims do ya think are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 53dc9ad853199-full.jpg (62KB, 616x601px) Image search: [Google]
53dc9ad853199-full.jpg
62KB, 616x601px
What percentage of mental illness claims do ya think are just people faking it?
>>
>>18000663

Hard to say but probably like 30%ish Society is pretty fucked up.
I will say there are alot more of us not making claims.
(Assuming you meant for disability)

Im ocd with ptsd and my anxiety is through the roof but i still manage to go to work. It makes me rage to see lazy fat people using ebt.
>>
>>18000663

What does it matter? Either way, your average person, you and I included, are not qualified or trained to tell the difference. If people are dying for attention so bad they're willing to fake it then fine, let them have it. Doesn't affect either of us.
>>
I think the internet makes the number seemed skewed since a lot of people pretend to be mentally ill for pity points.
>>
Almost none.
>>
Considering how diagnosis of mental illness works and how difficult it is to pinpoint what exactly is a mental illness in the first place, there really is no way to know for sure
>>
>>18000663
And how many... Do you think.....Are....DRUGS!!!!! HAHAHAHHAA THE SHIT YOU MONSTER TRUCKER!!!!
>>
>>18000663
dont care
whether they are legitimate or not, i want nothing to do with anyone who claims to have mental illness. once was more than enough
>>
>>18000663
all of it, except retardation and autism.
>>
>>18000663

on the internet? most. in real life? idk i dont have people running around claiming to have mental illnesses.
>>
>>18000663
I have lived in a hellhole of having an actually diagnosed bipolar mother and brother.

When fellow kiddos started finding out about mental disorders in high school. Everyone was apparently bipolar. Fooled, at first, I thought I had found people to confide in. I talked about my mom's disorder to some friends. They were like, "Oh I dont have that kind of bipolar. I am just happy one moment and sad the next, lol." It was then I realized this was just becoming a fad.

Even now when I open up to friends about it. They always say something ignorant.
>"Yea, I am convinced I have, like, bipolar depression. Like I get really crazy when I am sad."
>"I am pretty sure I have schizophrenia because I am always paranoid."
>"I am so OCD because I need to put my coffee on my desk in this spot most mornings!"

And then I fully realized that I can't talk to most people about these things. I have, however, connected with a very, very small (like two people) who have parents with bipolar disorder. And we connected on finally a true, honest level that life with our parents was hell during episodes and the conflicting feelings of loving, but also resenting our parents for experiencing that hell.

I doubt almost everyone that tells me until proven. 95% of people who have told me they have a disorder later tell me, "Well, I have never seen anyone about it. I don't know for sure." I am not doubting that they are in distress, but I am doubting they have what they think they have.

I was also diagnosed with bipolar disorder about ten years ago. However, a few years ago (I see a therapist), he and my psych came to the conclusion after some eval tests that I did not have bipolar disorder. Signs actually pointed me to having PTSD and long term depression from childhood abuse. I coped with the abuse by mimicking my mother when under stress because those were the only reactions to stress I knew.
>>
>>18000663
Probably more people who are crazy and deny it that people who are actually diagnosed.

>>18001155
>in high school
Highschool and college freshmen psych classes are an entirely different story.
>>
>>18001165
>Highschool and college freshmen psych classes are an entirely different story.
I'm 25 now and out of college and I still hear this shit pretty frequently from coworkers and mutual friends and acquaintances. My response is generally "I'd highly suggest seeing someone if you don't feel well. Never feel bad about it." The usual response is something like, "Oh well, I don't really think I am." when they were just venting about it a minute ago.
>>
Pfffft hahahahaha!
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.