[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Calling all Medical Anons!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1484965683171.jpg (94KB, 800x710px) Image search: [Google]
1484965683171.jpg
94KB, 800x710px
Ok for the past two months i have been experiencing a whole lot of symptoms. Been to my primary care, Emergency, pulmology, gastroenterology, allergy, Infectious disease, had CT scans, xrays, bloodwork, even an endoscopy. EVERYONE says there's nothing urgent/really bad.
I'm even seeing a cardiologist on Monday. This whole thing has been exhausting and I'm starting to feel hopeless. I had to take this semester off of school too. This illness has not only changed my lifestyle, but my mentality. I'm getting desperate just to know what I'm dealing with. Let me list the symptoms:

>chest pain, can be sharp, burning, aching, or pressure. Doesn't seem triggered by exercise (cardiologist will rule this out). Doesn't hurt to touch or to breathe.
>arm pain, feels like a pinched nerve. Can start at the shoulder or anywhere on arm. Goes to my hands usually.
>neck pain, hurts to move neck back.
>jaw/face pain, usually feels like headaches/pressure. Sometimes it tingles but very brief.
>no appetite, resulting in 10lb loss
>abdominal pain on right side, I'm having bowel movements but it still hurts. Stool sample said nothing was wrong.
>leg pain, sometimes it's the whole leg or just my inner thigh.
>calf discomfort, usually only on my right calf.
>going to the bathroom (to pee) a lot.
>twitching scrotum, but it doesn't hurt, nor burn when peeing and I can hold it. Doesn't twitch all of the time. ( haven't told docs yet since this is a recent thing)
>had a rash on my left side for some time. Around where the chest pain is.
>sometimes i get foot pain but not often

Please I'm getting desperate. The pain is usually around 3-5/10. I can't concentrate enough to do a lot of things. Right now my life has devolved into just laying around doing nothing. Which is totally opposite to how I used to be.

Anyway, even if no one responds, maybe this can be a reminder that you aren't alone if you're going through something shitty too.
>>
>>18000658
Not a med fag but 3.5/10 pain doesnt sound terrible.

You may be overthinking nothing. Welcome to evolution. You are in no means a perfectly functioning system. Sometimes youll have pain for no reason. Sometimes its for little reason like you slept on your arm wrong or neck twisted the wrong way.

Sometimes you used the computer too much. Sometimes you walked more than normal in a day or sat too long.

Pain =/= something wrong. Sometimes things hurt.

Im in 6/10 pain all day every day because my job is very heavy.. I also have pains like right side pain and lower back pain for no reason.

If you hadnt id say go to a doctor.
Since you did, id say deal man. Youre fine.

If anything maybe you have fibromyalgia. The prognosis for that is enjoy your pain and the treatment is a pat on the back or depending on the dr. Marijuana.

Dont worry bud youre waisting energy on it.
>>
>>18000658

The chest pain thing might be GERD, sometimes that can lead to pain in the abdomen and inflammation in other parts of the body.
The rash could be a yeast overgrowth which would fit with gerd because it's said people with ph-imbalance are more susceptible.
As for hand, arm, and shoulder pain,
You might have carpal tunnel which is often triggered by inflammation somewhere else in the body. Do your hands fall asleep easily? That's a key symptom.
>>
>>18000733
I do have GERD and Eosinophillic Esophagitis. But my last endoscopy about 2 weeks ago said I was doing better than I ever have been. No sign of fungal infection nor any ulcers. I take meds to reduce acid and protect my stomach and esophagus.
I have been diagnosed with Carpal Tunnel since my profession makes me use my wrists a lot. The reason I don't think its CTS is that I haven't used my arms/hands at all. And the pain certainly doesn't feel like what I have experienced before. Not to discount what you're saying, and it could totally be CTS but no doc has raised that issue yet.

>>18000675
Thanks for the fast response. It's not 3.5/10 pain rather it ranges from 3/10 to 5/10 randomly. And 3/10 seems to be very consistent.
I think that once I get the OK from the cardiologist that I can exercise without worrying, I can hopefully begin to feel better faster and/or lower my anxiety.

I will say that none of these symptoms keep me from sleeping or wake me up either which i am very happy about.

I appreciate the replies guys. It means a lot.
>>
>>18000793

You don't have to be using them to feel cts. As i said, inflammation anywhere in the body can trigger it.
>>
>>18000803
Oh shit my bad then
Then cts is probably a contender. Could it be the chest pain causing worse cts?
My hands/arms don't fall asleep quite easily unless I'm sleeping on it or I'm using then quite a lot. Pain seems to come on randomly honestly. But it's usually grouped with the chest pain too.
>>
>>18000822

My cts comes and goes too.
I was trying pain killers and it wasn't too effective since the pain was sparatic.
Try astaxanthin and tumeric. Natural anti inflammatories
>>
>loss of appetite
>Lower abdomen pain

I know how this feels, idk what it is either and I have some of that right now, and have had it for a year. Here's a bump. Can you tell us anything else that's going on with the pain?
>>
>>18000852
I took Zofran cause I was nauseous, but that resulted in like 6/10 pain due to constipation just in 4 doses over 24hrs. But, the pain hasn't gone away quite yet and I think it's due to a lack of exercise/movement. I had to do an enema it was so bad.
I take miralax to help it, but it hasn't gone away fully.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.