[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Currently at hour 36 of no sleep. What happens if I stay up too long??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1465606446546.jpg (193KB, 1024x692px)
1465606446546.jpg
193KB, 1024x692px
Currently at hour 36 of no sleep. What happens if I stay up too long??
>>
you fall asleep
>>
your body shuts down?
But your body would do anything to get sleep. You'd fall over eventually
>>
>>17998559

You can see things and hear voices, then fall asleep.
>>
Hallucinations might occur. Intense irritability, angry outbursts, not being able to concentrate or focus decently will also follow if they haven't kicked in already. Your health is danger as well if you don't get to sleep adequately. Sleep is when the body and the brain are able to repair themselves after a long day of working for you. See a doc asap anon.
>>
Start micro-sleeping, losing balance, losing sensations, skin starts tingling as your nerves begin to forcefully shutdown, and then blackouts.

If you force yourself awake past that, you'll start running a very high fever, your brain will begin to swell, and risk brain damage.

At least, in my experiences.
>>
Longest I've been up was 50 something hours.

Couldn't sleep one night, went to work, then afterwards to a concert, got home just in time for work again, worked overtime and got home really late.

I remember that my eyes felt really dry and sore, that time was passing agonizingly slow, 10 minutes felt like 2 hours, I could barely concentrate, felt like I was really high but in no pleasnt way, on my way home I started seeing black stars in the corner of my eyes.
A bit longer and I would've passed out, no doubt.
>>
Don't stay awake for longer than three days and you'll be fine.

Any longer than that and you risk brain damage.

Longer still and you may die.
>>
Please don't drive. Try playing a difficult videogame if you want to see how much your coordination and thought processes are affected.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.