[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The girl I love is away, how do I deal?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: 1479098930775.jpg (55KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1479098930775.jpg
55KB, 800x600px
The girl I'm in love with (and who very much loves me, I like to think) is away on vacation. Problem is I'm at a low point in my life right now and she's honestly the only real sunshine I have. She's the only person I really feel happy around right now, as much as I regret to have to admit that.

She hasn't really talked to me at all the last few days since she's been away even though I know she easily could have shot me a casual text like "I love you," "good morning," or "hope you're doing okay" any time she just really hasn't and honestly it's really been getting me down. Really down.

I like to think I'm on her mind and I feel like the doubt I'm feeling is in my head, but I just don't know. How to I deal with this feeling of apparent neglect? I still have to go a few more days with her being gone but she already hasn't texted me at all yesterday and hasn't yet today.

What can I do to get my mind off of this..?
>>
Is she your gf?

Does she know you want her to stay in touch? She probably has her mind on something else.
>>
How long is she gone for? It would strang to me if my GF isn't at least checking in once in a while or sending me pictures of whatever she's doing or something like that.

Have you texted her?
>>
>>17998586
She's my girlfriend in everything but name. She's aware of that too. There are reasons we're not in a formal relationship yet.

I'm positive she knows that. She said she probably wouldn't text much, but she said she would at least snapchat me. Hasn't snapped me at all though and only sent me a few texts back and forth on her 12 hour car ride. It's just discouraging.
>>
>>17998593
>She's my girlfriend in everything but name
Fuckin' kek, I smell delusion. I assumed she was your gf. Nah, she's not that into you.
>>
>>17998590
Three days, I did text her yesterday. She's snowboarding (which isn't something she normally does) so I just said that I hope she was having fun and staying safe, but she never responded and hasn't.

Sad to say I was really hoping for a response back considering my therapist said it's usually better just to contact someone when you want to talk to them and not just test them to see if they contact you first, but that didn't initiate any conversation sadly.
>>
>>17998556
She obviously wants some space, maybe she has realiced that you care too much. Trust me she will have a strong gut feeling to stay away from you if you keep been this needy.
Focus on something else other than her and please for the love of god don't push her to show her emotions, don't ask for an I miss you, don't ask for an I love you from her.
If she does love you she will tell you, not by words but by her actions.

I have been there anon and even tho I had everything in my favor I screwed it up because I became too needy when my girl was away.

To get your mind of it try reading, watching tutorials or any other videos, anything really. Let me tell you what you don't have to do under no circunstance:

1 - No fapping, Stop it, even if you are not thinking about her, just don't. Try going a week with out it, not telling you to quit altogether.

2 - Don't stalk her. Don't watch her pictures or anything like that, you will feel miserable if you do. Right now your body is missing the emotions she gave you but you have to learn how to deal when she is gone.

3 - Absolutely DO NOT message her if she doesn't message you first. If she is really acting distant as you say then you INSISTING will only make it worse. She might have you on her mind but if she hasn't reached out maybe she doesn't want to talk to you.

4 - NEVER double text, don't give more than she is already giving. this rule goes for everything in a relationship. Makes you think, hey if she is not giving the same or more than I am (furthermore making me wish to be more) then why am I in a relationship.

If she hasn't called you her boyfriend, if you haven't defined the relationship at all, then I am sure she is distancing herself from you, and only time will make her come back if she really appreciates you.

Good luck anon, you are not alone in this.
>>
>>17998599
Your therapist is right but your girlfriend is not the person you should reach out for personal problems, at least not your main listener. You need another friend for that because girls get anxious when you talk about your problems, it makes you look insecure.

When a girl says "I want a man who shows his feelings" she means "I want a man who doesn't has to HIDE his feelings". So reallistically she wants a man who doesn't have any feelings at all. So be HER ROCK and don't let it be the other way around because she will leave you.
>>
>>17998615
Geez... it sounds like you definitely get it.

I honestly don't have any doubt at all she loves me, I really don't. I see it in her eyes and I hear it in her words whenever we're together. I know in my heart her feelings are genuine.

Honestly I've been following her snap stories so I know she's around her phone and could easily text me or snap me, but you're right: following them just makes me feel like shit.

Honestly I am pretty terrified that because at this point in time I'm so weak willed that I will ruin everything between us but it's just so hard to try and get past the feelings dragging me down. I'm aware that my neediness makes me less attractive but I just can't turn it off or shake the feeling.

I just don't want to push her away but I can't stop feeling like this either.

>>17998623
I don't believe that's true. That sounds like grounds for a shallow relationship to me.
>>
>>17998644
both responses are from me, but what I was trying to say in the last one is that you might talk with your girlfriend about all that emotional stuff BUT try balancing it so that you don't bring feelings more than she brings them. You don't want to be the emotional one in a relationship. You have to talk about your male friends about what is bothering you, unfortunately that's how it is. Only after years of confidence between you two will you have that deep connection that you seek.
>>
>>17998659
"...talk with your male friends..." english is hard man lol
>>
>>17998659
I guess that makes sense. I just don't know how to get around these feelings. I don't have a guy friend to talk to about it right now. The only one I do didn't help even remotely last time I talked to him about this stuff.
>>
>>17998615
>No fapping, Stop it, even if you are not thinking about her, just don't.

I'm curious, what exactly is your reasoning for this?
>>
>>17998597
This. I've noticed lately that guys say they have "girlfriends" that in no way shape or form fit my own personal definition of that word. It's delusional.
>>
She doesn't love you. She's not your girlfriend in everything but name. Otherwise she wouldn't be off on this trip without you while you ask the internet why she isn't texting back.

You're friend zoned, and you're in for a lot of pain.
>>
Have you had sex with her OP?
>>
>>17999493
This. She's not your girlfriend "in name" and she isn't texting you despite the two of you supposedly being in love. Have you ever even slept with her? Or to question even further, have you ever even kissed her?
>>
>>17999143
Is she my girlfriend if I've slept with her, spent every single day with her, but we never really said "We're bfgf" ?

Or facebook official?
>>
>>17998593
how do you expect her to text you anything especially "i love you" when she's having fun on vacation

dont expect her to text you first either text her or leave her be, she might not even like you

ask her out sometime after she comes back if you think she loves you
>>
>>17999529
>>17999540
>>17999622
We have been sexually involved for months. Around half a year.

Us loving one another isn't a delusion. It's a well stated fact between us.
>>
>>18000527
>It's a well stated fact between us.
But you said that "you like to think" that she loves you
>>
>>18000572
That's self doubt talking, but we have both told one another we love each other are plenty of occasions.
>>
Probably unrelated by my boyfriend goes out of his way to make himself unavailable when I'm on vacation or something like that.

Even if I wanted to tell him I miss him and I'm thinking about him, or tell him something, I can't. It bums me out.
>>
>>17998597
>she's not that into you

You're either a woman, or you should kill yourself (with a small chance that you can do both). Just throwing this out here.
>>
>>18000610
unwarranted
>>
>>18000527
Then why the fuck isn't she your gf, if you love each other and fuck regularly? It makes no sense. Something fishy is going on between you two.
>>
>>18000622
He mentioned there are "reasons" why they aren't in a formal relationship "yet".

What are those reasons OP?
>>
>>18000627
I'm gonna wager that the "reasons" will sound like bullshit that ultimately comes down to her not loving him as much as he thinks.
>>
>>18000627
To be fair I didn't make this thread to talk about the nature of my relationship. I'm just asking how to best get by.
>>
>>18000650
>To be fair I didn't make this thread to talk about the nature of my relationship.
We need to know the dynamics of this "relationship" to determine what to tell you.

Anyways, yeah she doesn't love you.
>>
>>18000650
What the fuck? Yes, you did.

You want to know how to "get by"? By being sad and confused. That is the appropriate response to your situation, if you are telling it correctly, and you should confront her about it if that's the case.

Since that makes no fucking sense, we're asking you about it, and you're being coy as fuck about what's going on, you're not going to get any good advice. You clearly have some mental issues, and since she is at least fucking/somewhat emotionally involved with you, she must have them too.
>>
>>17999032
To stop getting attached to the idea of her.
To stop getting adicted to imaginary pussy so you can go and get some real one.
>>
>>18000650
I have sex with a female friend from time to time.
She says she loves me sometimes.
But we are only friends.

The only thing stopping you both for being boyfriend and girlfriend is either you or her. SO if it's not you, you know who doesn't want it.

I treat my female friend as I described because I can get her to do anything without being in a relationship, that's what she is doing to you, BUT on an emotional level. Right now you have the emotional investment of a married couple (she gives you sex to make you stay, only for that) and you are not even in a relationship yet. End it.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.