[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

26 F I was a truck driver for about 15 months and just lost

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: fail.jpg (12KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
fail.jpg
12KB, 512x512px
26 F

I was a truck driver for about 15 months and just lost my job due to my truck being blown over by 50mph winds. I'm not complaining about losing my job, obviously I wasn't very good at it, and it wasn't making me happy. I would like to eventually go back to school, but I'm not financially capable of that right now.

I'm now living with my bf full-time for the first time in a long time. I was financially supporting him for about six months after he graduated from university and looked for a job. Now we both have jobs. He's a pizza delivery driver, and I'm basically a waitress.

Unfortunately, I feel like crap. I feel like I failure and a loser. I didn't get the college degree I went after which is why I went into trucking then I failed that. Now my bf and I are looking at not making enough for rent. I applied for unemployment and food stamps. How much of a piece of shit am I?
>>
>>17998552
Not any worse off than the majority of our generation.

We're all fucked job wise anyway except some 20% maybe
>>
>>17998554
Is it wrong to ask for help? I haven't even told my family that I lost my job.
>>
>>17998552
>How much of a piece of shit am I?
A pretty big one desu, you've fucked up quite a bit it seems.

You're still alive though, and memes aside you're still relatively young in the grand scheme of things. Look around, try to figure out what you're good at and try to get a job that isn't so pleb-tier. This is coming from my personal pride and/or bias but I'd say hold off on trying to ask for help a little longer, I have a feeling you and your man can get past this and start making some more money if you put your minds to it
>>
>>17998579
Do you think I should push to go back to school? Even if I don't finish my degree, but start a new one in a more lucrative field? I understand that you don't know me, but thank you for you responses anyway.

I'm passionate about animals, but I'm worried about going back to school for four to eight years just to work with them. I know in the long run it might be worth it, but if I don't find a good job right after graduation I might be back at square one, but with massive debt. Frankly, that terrifies me.
>>
If you've got your CDL you can get a trucking job again. Should be fairly easy.
>>
>>17998614
Even after a roll over?

The company marked it as a non-preventable, but the local highway patrol marked it as an accident.
>>
>>17998618
Then just keep that report with you. Should be a basic mistake. Otherwise see about getting it somehow expunged? i unno.
>>
I think youre over reacting
>>
>>17998618
Seems to me like there's gotta be companies out there willing to take a risk hiring you. People slide, crash, fall asleep on the road, get tornadoes thrown at em.. surely those people still have a job.
>>
Calm down girl. What are you worried about? You have a bf who doesn't do much better than you, but you don't have to have lots of money to be happy. I mean you are not addicted to anything and you are a responsible, grown-up person.

Also you are young, you can easily train for another job. Same applies for your bf too, btw. I assume you want to start a family later?
>>
>>17998667
Eventually. When we have the money.
>>
>>17998685
What state are you in exactly?

Are you not getting any hours?

Because two people working even 30 hours a week each in most places should be enough to survive at the bare minimum.
>>
>>17998695
I'm not working even close to 30 hours atm, but I'm in CA
>>
>>17998552
At least you can work, able-body.
>>
>>17998698
>CA

Well then..

Stock up on ground potatoes, pasta, rice, veggies and beans.

Definitely talk to your family.
>>
g̶r̶o̶u̶n̶d̶
>>
>>17998749
LMAO I'll keep that in mind.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.