[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ergonomics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: the-comfortable-seat_d_com.png (99KB, 1252x892px) Image search: [Google]
the-comfortable-seat_d_com.png
99KB, 1252x892px
Any ergonomics nerds?
What's the best way to not fuck up my posture in the long term?

I need to spend minimum 3.5 hours studying every day, including weekends in front of a laptop. That just studying time, 4chan, yt, movies not included. I'm at home so I don't need to look professional. Img attached looks very unhealthy desu.

I did strong lifts program few years ago, for like a year, can run 10 km without stopping no problem and I always was this way, currently I do mma 4 hours a week, every week. I did some yoga with a physiotherapist turned yoga instructor and I noticed that I have left-right side and other imbalances + tendency for anterior pelvic tilt(I'm a male so no, it doesn't look good on me).

How do I not fuck up my posture?
>>
>>17998510
Just set up your battle station and posture to emulate the pic you posted. Take breaks (take a walk?) ever so often (every 20-30 min?).

You could also take a pic of your setup, post it, and have people critique it.
>>
>>17998510
If you have spare cash invest in 400$+ ergonomic chair (migh wanna search for that or "office chair"). This stuff is balls to the wall amazing and keeps you comfy even in suboptimal positions.
>>
File: setup.jpg (614KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
setup.jpg
614KB, 2048x1536px
>>17998619

This armchair is quite comfy, sometimes I put my feet on the coffee table, sometimes I rest them on the floor. I keep laptop in my lap. Temperature in my flat is low, to save on the bills, so I use duvet to keep warm and to isolate laptop from my legs.

I never liked sitting like in the OP img. It just doesn't feels right. Should I force myself to do it. Buy a normal desk and an office chair?
>>
Learn how to decompress your spine and take breaks (laying on the ground with your back flat)

Decompressing your spine is easy. Just use your desk and set your hands on it so your weight is supported by your arms, then relax your lower back.

Important to know is you don't want to set your weight down quickly once your spine is decompressed
>>
>>17998724

thanks, it seems to work
>>
Get a standing desk.
>>
>>17999184

dunno man, I though that standing desks are for slightly obese people who need to just burn more calories and for 40 hours office drone job spending all their free time in front of TV or for someone who works with their hands. I'll look into it, but I'm not very enthusiastic.
>>
>>18000261
well you're fucking retarded then

sitting all day fucks up your posture and strains your back and gives you tight hips. it has nothing to do with obesity
>>
>>18000272
oh also

> anterior pelvic tilt

yeah like i said, this is from having tight hips but a weaker core/glutes

you know, from sitting around all day
>>
>tfw bilateral nephritosis makes me look like a fucking caveman
>>
>>18000275

Last time I checked I could deadlift slightly over twice my body weight.

I mean, I do have quite strong core, but I also have stronger other parts of my body which creates imbalances.

At the end you convinced me to get a standing desk.
>>
>>17998710
>I keep my laptop in my lap

Goodbye sperm!
>>
>>18000302
Even lifters can have bad posture. Like you said, it's a matter of imbalance.

Bottom line: sitting is nothing but bad for you. I'm trying to fix my posture myself and I figured out this is the main thing wrong with my habits
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.