[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Arcade Cabinet in the Living Room - Cool or Tacky?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

I own a Sonic the Fighters arcade cabinet, which currently sits in the "game room" of my house, which feels very tucked away. I just got a smaller house and it seems like it would be a cool thing for people to see when they enter the house.

Totally sophomoric, or a cool conversation piece?
>>
>>17998381

Smaller couch, not smaller house, my bad. Lots of room to fill in the living room at the moment.
>>
>>17998381
Sonic is like a red flag for autism so just hide it and get some retro-n-famous game like pacman or some shit that normies will like and relate to
>>
>>17998381
>Totally sophomoric, or a cool conversation piece?
Neither. It's fine. Just keep it in your living room
>>
It's as cool as the game in it

So your is not
>>
>>17998391

I'm not gonna buy a new arcade cabinet. For what it's worth, most normies have no clue about the autistic fanbase Sonic's built. They're just like "oh man I loved that on my Genesis when I was 7!"
>>
It can be cool BUT - this is important - it has to match the rest of the room. If your furniture and room colors
match it you should go for it, I had one (make trax) for a long time, people loved it.

Also, make sure it isn't loud. Some of those arcade boxes hum really loudly when they're turned on, which isn't going to impress any guests.
>>
>>17998444

My living room and the rest of the house are black brown and white, so it wouldn't totally match, but I don't think it'll stand out too bad - besides the blue.

I have it hooked up to a switch where it comes off unless someone is playing it. It can be pretty loud, plus I don't want to keep it on 24/7.
>>
It depends on what type of a e s t h e t i c you are going for. You have to determine if an arcade cabinet fits as a part of your interior design, if you have one.
>>
File: IMG_20170112_0908109.jpg (261KB, 734x1304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170112_0908109.jpg
261KB, 734x1304px
>>17998381

seems fine. if they're already in your house seeing this isn't going to turn them off to you by any means. regardless, if its something you like, go for it anyways.

a lot of people are put off by the paintings I ahve in my house but it hasnt stopped me from getting laid
>>
>it has espio in it

can i just suck your dick already?
>>
>>17998529

Maybe...?

Probably not, sorry, but you can come play for free all you want.
>>
>>17998548

stop playing hard to get
>>
>arcade cabinet
rad
>sonic
trow it out the window
>>
anyone telling you to trash it clearly has no idea how rad sonic the fighters is.
fucking perf soundtrack
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.