[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true that everyone, on a fundamental level, is alone? Or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Is it true that everyone, on a fundamental level, is alone? Or is it just a meme?
>>
I feel like everyone is just a container filled with opinions and perspectives that just fumbles around and either instills some of its contents in the others or gets instilled first.
>>
>>17997127
"We are all sentenced to solitary confinement within our own skins" - Tennessee Williams
>>
>>17997162
>container

>haha look at me i switched out the work cranium and replaced it with container to make myself look like i can masterfully construct analogies
>>
>>17997127
No one else is inside your head, it's all you (a reminder that if you do think there is someone else there then you are literally insane and should seek professional help immediately).
>>
>>17997220
Yes. But "you" is made by what you absorbed from the others.

>>17997212
I sadly feel he was right
>>
>>17997241
so if "you" is made from what you absorbed from the others then what is YOU "you"?
>>
>>17997273
>what is YOU "you"?

I guess what you absorbed from the others (values, morals) plus genetic and environmental factors.

you know the ol' 50%innate 50% environment
>>
Yes. You were born alone and you will die alone.

Though technically you're not alone as you are part of the same interconnected universe so yes and no.
>>
>>17997295
Huh. That actually makes sense.

Guess this is the most accurate answer from a first look.

We are indeed part of the "whole" but at a relative level we're are all isolated in ourselves.

It's like the universe/god/whatever decided to play a drama movie by manifesting in us this way
>>
Yes, but you can do things about it.

Don't make the mistake of isolating yourself when there are so many people around to enrich your life and whose lives you can enrich. And start with a small, firm basis: your family, your long term, close friends, your pet, whoever. If there is love in your life, take solace in it and have confidence in it and work to continually cultivate it in your life.

It's truly the thing that most makes life worth living.
>>
>>17997212
Solitary confinement has detrimental effects that sociable people (who aren't depressed) don't experience though.
>>
>>17997127
Ancient greeks had a story about how initially, all people were a creature having two heads, four arms and four legs, and the gods were jealous of our potential so they split us all in two, and now we are always looking for another half to try and fill in our missing pieces.

Truth is, we can never achieve this state of ultimate togetherness. Not physical, not mental, not emotional. Each human being is a separate complex confined and concluded to and by its own design. We can only approach it.

The goal, therefore, is to approach it to such an extent that the points where you feel isolated are so minor that they are negligible.

That or kill yourself.
>>
Hey mods are you there?

Can you do me a favor? Can you permaban me? I'm tired of this place, thank you.
>>
>>17997298
Yeah, it's not a drama, it's an Education
>>
>>17997127
>Is it true

yes totally absolutely true

proof ?

wait until you get sick or injured and have to go the hospital

do your friends & parents actually suffer with you or are you by yourself alone in the hospital bed ?

more proof ?

when you die do your friends & parents also die with you or do you die by yourself ?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.