[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you know when youve found "the one"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: 1485099071765.jpg (40KB, 463x520px) Image search: [Google]
1485099071765.jpg
40KB, 463x520px
How do you know when youve found "the one"?
>>
>>17997019
When you stop looking.
>>
>>17997019

When you never have to explain anything, because they already know. At least that's how I knew.
>>
>you accept them for their flaws
>they make you happy
>you're willing to sacrifice to make them happy
>>
>>17997019
When you punch her in the face after she tells you she had sex with another man
>>
>>17997019
As a man you know youve found them when they dont put you through a load of complete bullshit

As a girl you know youve found them when they dont take your bullshit
>>
A chorus of angels playing trumpets will descend from heaven.
>>
>>17997019
When the penis fits the vagina perfectly.

>>17997025
Would "the one" really have flaws?

>>17997082
LOL
>>
>>17997096
>Would "the one" really have flaws?
no she wouldn't... we're talking about 2D waifus right?
>>
>>17997096
Everyone has flaws. Its your ability to look past them and love them for who they are that could make them the one.

What if your girlfriend is generally really messy. You come home and theres an open pizza box on the coffee table, soda left open on the counter and unwashed dishes. For some people thats a deal breaker. But for you, if it doesn't affect you, you're seeing past her flaws.
>>
File: IMG_1221.gif (15KB, 497x395px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1221.gif
15KB, 497x395px
I'm glad to see no one sperged out yet over the semantics of "the one".

Anyways, if you both mutually love each other like best friends, family, and the sexiest people you've ever seen all at the same time.

If you are both mutually compatible mentally, emotionally, and physically.

If you both have the same values and life goals.
>>
There is no "the one". it's just whomever you end up with, and judging by how marriages go nowadays, you got a 50/50 shot at what you think you can settle down with being a horrible mistake
>>
>>17997074
Wiser words have never been spoken
>>
File: Descartes_mind_and_body.gif (68KB, 493x609px) Image search: [Google]
Descartes_mind_and_body.gif
68KB, 493x609px
>>17997074
>As a girl you know youve found them when they dont take your bullshit

I am retarded, could you elaborate?
>>
you never really know for sure, that's what's so great about it
based on what was said in this thread, and my personal views about it, i'm pretty sure i'm currently with "the one". Everything is so perfect when i'm with her. But you can never know

In my opinion, there is no "the one", in the sense that it doesn't have to be only one girl. There's a good chance that in your life you will have one or multiple different partners that will be extremely important in your life and your development. Those are "the ones".
As long as you're feeling good with the girl you're with, you might as well consider her "the one". Live in the moment
>>
>>17997097
Nope.

>>17997113
I'll never be able to look past anyone's flaws.

>>17997196
>50/50
More like 15/85. 85% chance of it being a horrible mistake.
>>
>>17997019
When it hurts infinitely more as she turns around to let some lip pierced asshole shove his dick in her cunt and you're left posting on an indian carpetweaving exchange forum how miserable you feel.
>>
>>17997019
He can dodge bullets
>>
There is no "the one". There are lots of people who can be amazing matches.

But you know you've found one of those matches when you trust each other absolutely. When you can be friends as well as lovers. When you can argue with each other without it devolving into fighting.

You know it's a match when, even when it's at its hardest, it's still easy/natural.
>>
>>17997283
>I'll never be able to look past anyone's flaws.
Yes you will, because eventually you'll meet someone who will look past your undoubtedly shitty flaws, and it will warm your cold, unloveable heart.
>>
File: Rapport.jpg (89KB, 768x952px) Image search: [Google]
Rapport.jpg
89KB, 768x952px
>>17997019
>How do you know when you've found "the one"?
When you actually know them and aren't presuming the positive qualities you see in them.
When you know their flaws but don't mind them
When you see similar facts or seek them out
When you have similar ideas
When you have similar feelings on topics

It really is that straight forward, ever made a friend somewhere and suddenly got along like a house on fire? that's something called peak rapport.
Pic related might help you

I'm not going to say you can't be in a loving relationship with someone who has differing views on some topics, but if you are a white supremacist you probably won't see a coal burner as the future mother of your children.
>>
>>17997415
D'awwwwwwww... Hopefully, anon.
>>
>>17997019
When there is no one else.
>>
>>17997019
Not when the good times are amazing, but when the horrible times aren't as horrible as the previous ones and you can see yourself tolerating the fights and grievances you have for a really long time.
>>
You know you've found someone you want to be with long term when you accept them for who they are and not what you think they could be or should be and they in turn accept you for who you are; you've found this person who acknowledges that as time passes, it's natural and healthy to change and you both look forward to changing and growing with each other, learning new things. Long-term partners are willing to do what they can to help the other out but also have a life and identity of their own. They're willing to work at the relationship, even when rough patches crop up, because they know that life isn't all roses and is sometimes filled with pain. They don't make empty promises to each other and they're there for each other. That's how you know anon.
>>
there is no "the one".
just find some cancerous kid who actually has a good personality. if they dont have a good personality, you should get the fuck away from them.
that is, if you're a skrub.
>>
>>17997283
>I'll never be able to look past anyone's flaws.
yet you expect somebody else to look past yours? you deserve to die alone
>>
>>17998603
I don't expect anything. That's their problem.
>>
there is no "the one", its a romanticized social construct. Humans are animals, we aren't creations of gods living just to find the "perfect match". There is no "perfect match" everybody is flawed and all relationships are an active effort, best of luck tho
>>
I'm married and still don't have any sense that she's 'the one'
>>
>>17997019
when she both knows that there is no ethical consumption under capitalism and wishes to cleans the earth of the lesser races.
>>
>>17997019
I think there are multiple "ones." What makes people feel like they found the "one" is a relationship in which both parties are mutually interested, which is quite difficult to find in your early to mid-20's (presuming the age of most people on this forum). Anything else is just infatuation.
>>
>>17998661
That's sad as fuck.
>>
Pwhen you look forward to smelling her asshole
>>
>>17998805
That's reality when you strip away the romanticism
>>
>>17997247
girls typically have tendencies toward being passive aggressive, irrational, unreasonable, nagging, petty, and just generally emotionally impulsive and overreactive

when we start getting retarded, a beta cuck faggot is one who will indulge us, a good man is one who can straighten us out, and a great man is one who can straighten us out without it ending in a huge fight or an evening of intense buttmad
>>
>>17997383
nice
>>
>>17998944
humans typically have tendencies towards being passive aggressive, irrational, unreasonable, nagging, petty, and just generally emotionally impulsive and overactive. derpa derp.
>>
>>17998962
never said they didn't
>>
>>17997383
holy shit
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.