[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

please advise, free university but with lots of catches

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: college.jpg (97KB, 900x420px) Image search: [Google]
college.jpg
97KB, 900x420px
my stepdad is offering to pay for my university (can't be community college) but it has to be under 20K per year and my grades were shit(3.0 with GED and average SAT).

The only places in my state that fulfill this are SHIT-tier.. not even ranked on college ranking sites, don't have engineering programs unless you count (3-years-of-physics + 2-years-at-a-real-university transfer-program) thing where they give you a physics and engineering bachelors after 5 years... should I just do it anyway even if the colleges are absolute shit since it's free? Should I just go for an associates and then transfer somewhere else and gtfo out of dodge that way?

I feel like I have a really good opportunity here but with a huge catch and I don't know what the best option is.
>>
Studying always beats not studying, you will have a better chance in life even if it's at a shit-tier college.

Also the earth is round no matter where you study, in the end it all comes down to your own effort, what would you rather do than go to university, anyway?
>>
>>17996753
i just don't want him to waste this money on a shit-tier school but he will just 100% not let me go to community college first. there aren't any close anyway. i think the cheapest university I can go to is like 13K per year after everything and it's in the middle of nowhere with shit rankings. it has a fucking C+ on college niche and it accepts 99% of people with a 45% graduation rate and 3.5 stars. It's a bit of a joke.
>>
>>17996761
My school has a C+ also and I'm interviewing with big companies and have plans for grad school. Undergrad institution literally doesn't matter. Just study and get a degree.
>>
You weren't good in highschool and now you have to live with it and go to a bad school. Who cares.
>>
>>17996750
Your grades and a good application should get you into at least your state's second-tier university - the one with the word "State" in its name. With a few random exceptions those are generally pretty good, and if yours isn't, you can devote two years to good grades and then try transferring to the top-tier stage school (The one called University of. . .")
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.