[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

change enviroment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

tl;dr
>clinical depression
>life has been in a terrible lull for two years
>i want to fix myself but i dont know how, everything sucks
>poor and borderline homeless

I dont know what to do. 'Get a job" obviously, but that keeps not working, and I think a big part of my depression is my enviroment...but how do I change my enviroment?
its like a giant catch-22 and suicide is objectively starting to appear like the better option. Medication helps, but it's not a fix all.
>>
>>17996415
You're right. Meds don't fix everything. Where you are now, do you have access to a place to help you get back on your feet?
>>
>>17996424
right now i'm sleeping on family's couch, and i have been for about 7 months.
i can stay as long as I need to, they dont know exactly whats going on with me, but being here just makes me depressed, and i can't "pull myself up by my bootstraps"
ive been trying, and i keep trying but its just something about this rathole (hoarder house in the ghetto) that isn't helping me.
>>
>>17996439
Trust me, pulling yourself up by the bootstraps isn't going to help you in managing your depression. I've got recurrent major depression and understand. You've mentioned you think it's better if you leave your family's place and that they don't know what's going on with you. Is it a safe place to share what's going on? If not, are there other places you could go to, a friend's place or a shelter to help you get back on your feet?
>>
>>17996451
>Is it a safe place to share what's going on?
i dont think it's safe. i mean, they're very religious, so I'm pretty sure i'm just going to get PRAY BELIEVE JESUS FAITH pushed on me, and while all of that is great, thats not really the problem. the problem is that i want to die, i'm sad all the time, i can't focus, and i have no resolve or interests to complete things.

I dont have any real life friends, i could look into a shelter though. I just turned 25 which puts me too old for alot of youth things, I regret not trying a youth shelter before my birthday.

My parents know the situation, but they still kicked me out, and i'm not invited to return so, thats a dead end.
>>
>>17996485
If you're in the states, look up NAMI. they have this place in most states where you can stay for a few night for free where you'll be safe from the elements and from yourself if you feel suicidal. They have free counselling and psych docs to talk with. I've spent time in a psych hospital with these people and they really helped me out a lot.
>>
>>17996494
yeah i'm in california, i'll look this up.
I was in a psych hospital for a week and some change in the summer on a 5150, i fucking hated it so much, and when i left I felt motivated to make changes and what not....but then i got back to where i was staying and everything sucked again.
>>
>>17996522
Yeah I feel you. I initially hated being in the psych hospital. I stayed over a month. It was the best thing for me though in the long run and I'd do it again too. Sleep calls me anon. I'm always around here on clover if you need to talk or anything. You're not alone and you're not crazy and you're definitely worth it my friend. Hang in there.
>>
>>17996526
thanks anon, i appreciate you talking to me
>>
>>17996527
Thank you for allowing me to.
>>
>>17996528
every little bit helps ;----;
everything feels awful, so i appreciate knowing someone else "made it"
>>
>>17996531
I'm really glad my friend. And hey, I'm still in the process. It's really a process. I sometimes miss being back at the psych hospital. If you want to message me more in depth and have someone to talk with you can message me at [email protected]
I won't be able to promise I check it often, but I'll do my best to get back to ya when I can.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.