[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just Kinda Lonely, Idk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5106.jpg (20KB, 463x408px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5106.jpg
20KB, 463x408px
Hey, /adv/, I need some opinions.

My whole life I've struggled with friendships. Not in making friends, but with maintaining them. I feel like most of them are quite shallow, like we never really have a deep connection.

The one friendship that is really deep is with my gf. But pretty much all of my other friendships will just fade over time and we both won't think nothing of it. Its just seems really sad that I have a phone full of contacts I never really talk to anymore

And its not like I don't want to talk to people. I love hearing new opinions and different points of view or about different interests. People really interest me. When I bring this up, my gf gets sad because she feels she's not doing enough for me. She is though, I just want to meet new people too. Or at least make friends that I can have deep conversations with.

Any advice? Do you think its me, the people around me or something more? Thank you in advance
>>
It's normal for friendships to fade over time sadly. Instead of focusing on what you've lost, look for activities you enjoy doing in your community and join in. That's a great way to make new friends.
>>
>>17996381
Thank you. I mean, i have friends. But we don't really talk to them outside of school / clubs we're in. I can be totally different inside and outside of school
>>
>>17996388
Ah I see. Have you reached out to these friends?
>>
>>17996406
What do you mean by reach out?
>>
>>17996412
Have you tried contacting them and asking to hang out, asking how things are and why you've not all hung out in a while? Sometimes people just get really busy.
>>
>>17996420
Do you think that asking to hang out after not hanging out in a really long time would be awkward?
>in b4 its only awkward if you make it awkward
>>
>>17996425
Personally, I don't think it's awkward or word at all to ask even if it's been a long time. If they're truly a good friend, they'd be up for it. Why do you ask if it'd be weird? Do you believe that these friends wouldn't want to hang out with you because of time?
>>
>>17996446
Its probably just a mental thing I have. Maybe im scared of them refusing.

How should I ask them though?
>>
>>17996454
Maybe you are. I don't know you so I can't say so with certainty. And you can ask them saying something like, "hey it's been awhile, wanna hang out on ---- day and do ---?"
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.