[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Regret

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: Regret2.png (400KB, 1024x676px) Image search: [Google]
Regret2.png
400KB, 1024x676px
How do you get over regret? Every day I think about what things would be like on all aspects if I had made a different decision. Sometimes I even think of what I'd be doing on the exact moment instead of what I'm doing now if I had made a different choice. What I did changed my life to a good extent, and it never felt right; I think I did it because once the ball started rolling and everyone in my life told me to do it I couldn't help but fall in line.

Anyway, how do I stop thinking like this? It almost paralyzes me, sometimes I can't do work at all. It devours my thoughts. It's as if I'm living two lives, one in my head, and I can't stop thinking about how much I wish I were there. It's been effecting my mental health.

I try to put it in the past but it's like an inescapable parasite hanging in the back of my mind at all times. How can I get over this? Put this behind me?

Sorry for faggoty long post, thanks for any replies.
>>
>>17996236
fuck another girl and it will be k, jeez
>>
>>17996236
you're going to think this way no matter what. it sounds like it's your nature.

all you can do is work on improving yourself. dress better. put on muscle. save your money. formulate a real career plan that you think will make you happy. build as many relationships as possible. life = people.

it's a cliche to say the past is the past but it's the truth. there's nothing you can do or say to change any of it. what you can do is learn from it and not make the same mistakes and stop worrying about whether or not y would've happened had you x. it doesn't matter. you can't change it. dwelling on it will only hold you back.
>>
>>17996236
The thing is, there's nothing you can do about the past. So it's pointless to wonder what could've happened. Learn from your mistakes and focus on the present. If you keep worrying about the past you're making the present worse. Okay? Let it go
>>
Thanks guys, I'll definitely be saving these. I try and tell myself stuff similar, but I think it helps having it from other people in writing.
>>
File: JonouchiToei.jpg (30KB, 250x282px) Image search: [Google]
JonouchiToei.jpg
30KB, 250x282px
>>17996236
Regret is one of our strongest inner demons, I like to think. As the other anons said, there isn't anything you can do about the past. Do not let yesterday's failure dictate today's success, there is no point in wallowing in it. A few years ago, I lost the person I was closest to. I couldn't help but feel I didn't do anything right when he was alive, and that thought stuck with me for a few years. It's self-destructive to continuously feel regret for the past, it's what you do with the outcomes of what happened that matters.

Stay strong, anon. If you can't look towards the future, stay focused in the present.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.